Requisition ID: 124514
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
At Scotia Digital, our plans for digital inclusion are ambitious. With the support of senior executives, our mission is to enable the organization to provide digitally inclusive experiences for all - customers and colleagues. Our Accessibility practice resides within our broader Design Community of Practice. Because of this, we are ideally positioned to enable various roles and product teams to properly consider digitally inclusive considerations at key times throughout a project's life cycle. This enables us to properly embed inclusive and accessible practices into our digital experiences and treats people with dignity by giving them the confidence and independence to complete interactions in a manner that meets their own individual needs.
We are growing team and want to add a Senior Digital Accessibility Subject Matter Expert (SME). This position will play a key role in enriching the enterprise with it's primary focus of digital inclusion and accessibility through the lens of disabilities as it relates to employee facing experiences. Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
Do you have the skills?
- Collaborate with teams in a strategic, self-directed manner to support agile practices
- Coach and guide designers and engineers on advanced digital accessibility principles
- Explore capabilities of digital platforms and identify strategic opportunities to drive accessibility forward
- Document and develop best practices and technical implementation techniques
- Identify strategic opportunities for identifying and removing accessibility barriers in order to positively impact the user experience and drive appropriate systemic changes
- Be recognized as an accessibility technical subject matter expert for user interface experiences, monitoring industry trends to identify best practices and extend as needed.
- Mentor and collaborate with other accessibility, design and usability specialists
- Champion a high performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment
What's in it for you?
- 5 - 8 years of practical web accessibility experience.
- Expert knowledge of accessibility standards and inclusive design principles
- Expert knowledge of assistive technology including screen readers, print magnification software and alternative input systems.
- Proven ability to provide accessibility solutions for designers, developers and testers.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate the complexities and opportunities for digital inclusion to technical and non-technical audiences with various skillsets.
- High Level of awareness of disability related issues with respect to digital accessibility.
- Self-driven, with ability to take ownership and accountability; must be adept at working in a self-guided manner to drive inclusive design principles
- Comfortable working within tight timeframes and working creatively and strategically within specific constraints
- Work with and learn from a diverse and established team of accessibility practitioners with mature accessibility processes and practices
- An inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity and celebrates success
- Opportunity to make a significant impact in helping Scotia achieve its goal of increasing employment by persons with disabilities by 20% in the next 5 years
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Web Design, Technical Support, Technology, Finance, Creative
Banking, Finance and Insurance Information Technology