6-month DevOps Engineer contact role working on a high-profile program with a local enterprise organization
- 6-month DevOps Engineer contract role
- Great team environment
- Enterprise organization with a global footprint with full remote work until August 2021
What & Why:
As a result of investment in technology our client is looking to add a Senior DevOps engineer to their retail technology team. You will be working closely with a small development team to deliver solutions to the internal stakeholders and the solutions will be used globally by the entire enterprise. A day in the life would include; implementing automation and provisioning solutions in cloud infrastructure to meet business needs and project deliverables, the setup and implementation of CI/CD processes, the definition and implementation of operations monitoring approach across enterprise systems and their integrations, developing and integrating API’s across the enterprise applications. This team has great leadership and tremendous opportunities for learning and growth.
This client has a global presence and is one of the most recognizable Canadian brands. They are well known for their corporate culture and won major awards for their accomplishments in 2019. 2020 remained a very strong year for them which included a major strategic acquisition. 2021 has them investing majorly in bleeding edge technology as they looking to be a global leader in retail technology. They have an all-star leadership team who keeps you accountable and provides support while still affording you tremendous autonomy. They are located close to rapid transit in newly renovated offices in downtown Vancouver and have full remote on-boarding capability during Covid19 and are full work remote until at least August 2021.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- 5+ years developing for enterprise systems, should have experience with cloud-based technologies
- The ideal candidate will have hands on experience with the following technologies: HashiCorp Terraform, Python, Java, Jenkins, GitHub/GitHub Actions, JIRA, HashiCorp Vault, Azure AD SSO, Splunk, PagerDuty, ServiceNow, Kafka and other integration platforms, API management solutions such as Mulesoft, Kubernetes (EKS/AKS/GKE), Functions (Lambda/Azure Functions), Azure/AWS/Oracle Cloud, Containerization (Docker)
- Nice to have experience in the retail industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Software and Programming Information Technology