Requisition ID: 148796
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about our Digital Banking career opportunities, explore our Communities of Practice, or hear from our leaders, check out our Technology at Scotia career page.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our Authentication Services team to help build the next generation of Authentication Services for the Bank. This is an exciting opportunity to start with us on a challenging journey building a critical new Digital Identity platform for Scotiabank.
You will participate in all aspects of the software delivery life cycle of one of the largest, cutting-edge Digital Identity and Access Management (IAM) services in Canada. You will be part of a highly skilled professional team, that will deliver high demand services like biometric (fingerprint/face-id) authentication, push notifications, password-less authentication, behaviour authentication ... among others.
If you are an Engineer with a keen interest in authentication and security services in a fast-moving environment, this is the position for you. As a senior member of a talented group of engineers in Scotia Digital, you will not only get the opportunity to grow and learn from experts in security and IAM domains but also to mentor growing developers to enhance your leadership skills - together ultimately shaping the future of our Bank. Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role.
- Participate in all aspects of a SDLC (Requirements, Analysis, Design, Code, Test, Implementation and Production handover)
- Develop software following sound software engineering principles in an agile (Scrum) process and lead design sessions and code / design reviews
- Support enterprise-wide services including authentication, provisioning, federation, and directory platforms
- Work collectively within a dynamic team to actively participate and lead configurations and support of IAM solution deployment in accordance with designs
- Production support and handling escalation during the day as well as off-hours.
- Interface with Scotiabank infrastructure teams to maintain and support infrastructure and services under management
- Lead root cause analysis to in-scope systems, identify improvements, and drive to implementation
- Develop operational plans, processes, and procedures to improve service delivery and resiliency
- Lead by example and mentor growing developers in the team.
What's in it for you?
- 7+ years of experience in application development & deployments, supporting large, complex, highly available enterprise systems.
- Experience with cloud and container technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, GCP, PCF etc.) as we aim to build self-serve products on a cloud platform
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in creating DevOps pipeline to build, scan, test and deploy code to various production and pre-production environments.
- 3+ years of experience working with any Configuration tool such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Extensive experience working with scripting languages such as python, bash, Java etc.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with customer facing applications deployed as containers on public clouds such as Microsoft Azure
- Proficiency with Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines (e.g., Jira, Jenkins, Gradle, Bitbucket, Artifactory etc.)
- Excellent understanding of micro-service design patterns.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to collaborate with and lead teams toward resolution.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact. As part of Scotia Digital, you will have an opportunity to be part of a group of talented people changing how the bank develops applications, consumes services, and manages our IT infrastructure.
- Opportunities to do challenging work in a mission critical system to the bank. This is not your typical software development. Our Customer Authentication and Access Management System (CAMS) team builds the next generation IAM services like biometrics authentication, Push Notification etc.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.Job Segment:
Testing, Cloud, Application Developer, Developer, Java, Technology