Senior DevOps Engineer (Archive)
Job ID GRDV383 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world's top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more - with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, Raleigh, Halifax, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards, including Company of the Year award from the BC Tech Association (2016), Private Business Growth Award (2015), Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), Deloitte Technology Fast 500 in North America (2011-2015), Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014), Ingenious Award (2014), Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013-2014).
With over 425 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today - we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit ( www.globalrelay.com
As a development team member, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of production systems that are a key component in our archiving and search applications. At Global Relay you'll use leading edge technologies to deploy and manage 1000s of servers and the infrastructure that delivers a highly scalable and available service. You will also play a critical role in proposing solutions, automating processes, documenting systems components and contributing to the overall product.
The role involves cross-team collaboration and communication; you will be working closely with key stakeholders to ensure that product requirements are met. This is an opportunity to influence the design and implementation of systems at scales that many do not get a chance to work at. Technologies in Use:
- NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, Zookeeper)
- Deployment Automation (Puppet, Fabric, Ansible)
- Continuous Integration Systems (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Build Management Tools (Git, Maven)
- Scripting (Python, Ruby)
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Monitor the performance and improve reporting on production systems
- Database administration and report generation on production systems
- Enhance deployment procedures and participate in deployments
- Maintain and improve build and continuous integration system
- Ensure proper management of test and staging environments
- Design and execute performance benchmarks
- General system administration tasks on Linux and Solaris platforms
- Provide 3rd level support
- Experience as a System Administrator or as a Developer with Operations experience
- Experience with Puppet, Ansible, or Fabric
- Experience with Maven or other build systems
- Experience doing service level measurement and analytics
- Experience with configuration management
- Linux/Unix system administration and/or Windows Server system administration
- Experience with Python, Ruby, Bash
- Experience with Zabbix, Nagios, or other monitoring systems
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Java development experience is an asset
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Posted: November 10, 2017
Closes:January 9, 2018