Senior DevOps Engineer (Archive)
Job ID GRDV383 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com
As a development team member, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of production systems that are a key component in our archiving and search applications. At Global Relay you'll use leading edge technologies to deploy and manage 1000s of servers and the infrastructure that delivers a highly scalable and available service. You will also play a critical role in proposing solutions, automating processes, documenting systems components and contributing to the overall product.
The role involves cross-team collaboration and communication; you will be working closely with key stakeholders to ensure that product requirements are met. This is an opportunity to influence the design and implementation of systems at scales that many do not get a chance to work at. Technologies in Use:
- NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, Zookeeper)
- Deployment Automation (Puppet, Fabric, Ansible)
- Continuous Integration Systems (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Build Management Tools (Git, Maven)
- Scripting (Python, Ruby)
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Monitor the performance and improve reporting on production systems
- Database administration and report generation on production systems
- Enhance deployment procedures and participate in deployments
- Maintain and improve build and continuous integration system
- Ensure proper management of test and staging environments
- Design and execute performance benchmarks
- General system administration tasks on Linux and Solaris platforms
- Provide 3rd level support
- Experience as a System Administrator or as a Developer with Operations experience
- Experience with Puppet, Ansible, or Fabric
- Experience with Maven or other build systems
- Experience doing service level measurement and analytics
- Experience with configuration management
- Linux/Unix system administration and/or Windows Server system administration
- Experience with Python, Ruby, Bash
- Experience with Zabbix, Nagios, or other monitoring systems
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Java development experience is an asset
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.