The DevOps operating model is the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that helps organizations deliver end-to-end applications and infrastructure solutions safely and at high velocity. The Senior DevOps Consultant is a leader with significant automation and programming experience throughout the SDLC. The Consultant will lead our enterprise customers through large organizational and SDLC transformations. A successful DevOps practitioner has technical depth across the Full DevOps Spectrum along with leading and evangelizing transformations, and driving innovations.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants may be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
This is a customer facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 8+ years of experience as a technical specialist.
• Familiarity with administrative tasks within popular operating systems.
• Hands-on experience with architecting and automated provisioning (IaC), configuration management for infrastructure and applications.
• Hands-on experience with envisioning, designing, building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools.
• 2+ years of strong hands-on experience of programming in Python, Ruby, Go, Swift, Java, .Net, C++ or similar object oriented language.
• Experience establishing, implementing, and delivering using Agile practices.
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.p
• Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, , load balancing and firewall.
• Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks like CloudWatch, Datadog, Splunk, Opentracing, X-Ray, and APM tools.
• Experience with development and automated testing.
• Understanding of microservices and application architecture.
• Experience building enterprise security strategy for adoption driving the program's evolution to meet new requirements.
• Experience leading the certification accreditation of workload(s) to meet industry standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST/DoD frameworks.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations and engagements.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.