261908 Work Area:
Software-Design and Development Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Professional Employment Type:
Regular Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
The SAP HANA team develops a platform that performs parallel in-memory processing of huge data sets to offer extremely fast real-time responses for analytic queries and excels in OLTP. A full usage 'translytic' general purpose database. The platform also provides libraries for predictive, planning, text processing, spatial, and business analytics - all on the same architecture. EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
An essential part is the HANA Stakeholder & Customer Management team which is responsible for supporting our internal and external customer base by analyzing incidents and work closely with developers to ensure high quality of the SAP HANA database platform.
Focus topics include:
- SAP HANA Development Support- Our team is distributed around the globe to ensure 24/7 customer service. When analyzing customer concerns, you work closely with global development teams and acquire deep technical knowledge of the various HANA platform components.
- Your daily work requires the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and prioritize quickly.
- Shape the future- contribute moving SAP HANA from on-premise to the Cloud and improve supportability.
In your daily work, you analyze complex problems reported by customers or internal stakeholders and others in relation to core database engine and other areas of the SAP HANA platform. In detail you:
- Analyze stability, performance and scalability issues of the SAP HANA database
- Report software defects to responsible HANA engine dev teams
- Provide reproducible scenarios of product issues to developers
- Communicate issues to front office support or customer / LOB's
- Continuously improve supportability features, documentation or transfer knowledge
- Work with other teams like Cloud operations to ensure smooth HANA operations
- Align customer requirements in close collaboration with SAP HANA development
- Very good analytical skills to address technical & software engineering related problems
- Profound experience with general relational database architectures or in-memory solutions
- Good LINUX skills related to troubleshooting
- Experience with debugging and analyzing complex problems
- Very good communication skills, verbally and written working proficiency in English
- Ability to collaborate in local & global teams across different time-zones
- Basic knowledge of SAP applications (e.g. BW, ERP, S/4 HANA, SLT, SAC, SAP NetWeaver technology stack)
- Degree in computer science or related technical discipline
Are you passionate about supporting customers and stakeholders in close collaboration with HANA core database developers? You love analyzing and solving technical challenges and improve quality of the HANA database platform? You are eager to share knowledge? You are interested to support HANA within the Cloud? Then we would like to see your application!
To find out more about the SAP HANA in-memory database team, check out our video SUCCESS AT SAP
Success means different things to different people, so we go to great lengths to ensure that all our employees have every chance to succeed - on their own terms. That's because we firmly believe that your success leads to ours.
SAP employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits:
• Discount programs
• SAP Lunch On Us program
• Free daily fruit
• Subsidized pop, snacks, salad and more
• Foosball, pool, ping pong tables, and gym on site
Oh, and did we mention you get to work with some of the most influential companies on the planet to revolutionize the world?
#SOF2020 WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now . SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Additional Locations
: Job Segment:
Database, Engineer, Developer, ERP, SAP, Technology, Engineering
Apply now »
Software and Programming