Clio is looking for a Senior Development Manager to mentor and manage technical leaders in our organization while owning and pushing forward an area of our product. We're building a team of A-player individuals that consistently and efficiently execute on delivering long-term customer value.
Through active promotion and demonstration of Clio's values, you will build a culture of leadership and high performance. You'll coach team members that are self-driven and consistently push themselves to grow. Along the way - you will be supported by a world class people operation team supporting new and experienced managers.
We are a software company that's transforming the practice of law, for good. We provide a world-leading, cloud-based practice management solution for legal professionals that makes their lives simpler and helps them build a better practice. As a Deloitte Technology Fast 50 winner
for three years running, and with a team of over 200 global Clions, Clio is one of Canada's fastest growing technology companies.
We are proud to be one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
, named Employer of the Year by Techvibes
and recognized as one of Canada's Top Small to Medium Employers
. We are a tight-knit group of bright, driven, and genuine individuals who work hard and play to win. Join us. You will:
You should have:
- Initially you will contribute to, and build a deep understanding, of the code base and your product area;
- You will coach, manage, and develop a team of high performing development managers and tech leads;
- You have a desire to continue to grow your own people management and leadership skills;
- Maintain and foster a collaborative environment that highlights team prioritization, removing roadblocks, and sharing unique and creative solutions;
- Plan and implement team KPIs to track and measure process improvements;
- Elevate and educate our product development process within Clio, contributing to our cultural values of "No doors, only windows" and "Live a learning mindset";
- Partner with Product Management and Product Design to envision, develop, and execute on Clio's product roadmap;
- Not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and help with development when needed.
Bonus points if you have:
- A demonstrated success in people leadership in software development, particularly using an Agile process and with large scale SaaS products;
- A background in hands-on software development, specifically with building web/mobile applications at scale;
- A diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems;
- A demonstrated ability to hire the best and brightest engineers in a competitive job market-and to coach, develop, and retain engineering talent;
- A portfolio of successful projects (as well as a collection of lessons learned from failed projects).
- A philosophy on what makes for great software development teams.
- A deep understanding of, and experience with, Ruby on Rails, modern JS frameworks, and/or native mobile development.
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but we know you're looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent
in Canada and beyond:
Diversity and inclusion
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives . This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you'll ever work with
We strongly believe that encouraging diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.