214171 Work Area:
Software-Design and Development Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Professional Employment Type:
Regular Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Concur is the world’s leading provider of integrated travel, expense, and invoice management solutions, driven by a relentless pursuit to simplify and automate these everyday processes. With SAP Concur, a top-rated app that guides employees through every trip, charges are effortlessly populated into expense reports, and invoice approvals are automated. By integrating near real-time data and using AI to audit 100% of transactions, businesses can see exactly what they’re spending without worrying about blind spots in the budget. SAP Concur eliminates yesterday’s tedious tasks, makes today’s work easier, and helps businesses run at their best every day.
As a Senior Developer on the Concur Core and Travel development team in Vancouver, Canada, you will be taking the Concur Locate product to the next level: scaling the architecture while building new, elastically scalable microservices. You will have an opportunity to work across the full stack and the full architecture—from the web and mobile clients, to the application servers, search indexing servers, and database servers. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build beautiful web and mobile user interfaces and cloud computing systems that scale to millions of users
- Understand, improve, and make correct changes to code not written by yourself
- Work in a modern cloud engineering model, where developers own test automation and the operation of production services in addition to developing those services
- Be determined to make software systems work
- Be curious enough to want to understand the root cause of each problem
- Be passionate about writing solid code quickly and believe that it is hard, but possible
- Continuously improve your technical, architecture, leadership, presentation, and teamwork skills
- Own shipped services end-to-end, including on-call duties and incident management and resolution
- Be responsible for the overall architecture of a significant product area
- Interface across teams and actively influence creation of technical solutions across multiple subsystems in the architecture and outside our own team
- Potentially serve as a feature lead, with responsibility for driving a virtual team’s delivery of a feature
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in developing web applications, enterprise applications, or complex software in an SRE/DevOps environment
- Solid understanding of web application architectures, including client-side AJAX, HTTP requests, multithreaded servers, databases, caches, queuing systems (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, etc.), containerized deployments, and public cloud infrastructure providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Experience with Java, C/C++, .NET, Go, Kotlin, Objective-C, and/or Swift on Linux, Windows, iOS, Mac OS X or Unix
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP (IPv4 or IPv6) networking (ports and addresses)
- Experience with SQL/T-SQL databases
- Experience with source control systems such as git, Subversion, etc.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
- Experience with developing solutions that index into and query against a modern search engine (e.g. Elasticsearch, Solr)
- Experience with performance monitoring and alerting with the ELK stack and with New Relic
- Experience automating the testing of end-to-end workflows
- Experience releasing software in a continuous or frequent deployment model with zero downtime
- Experience with Akamai, CloudFront, or other web site acceleration and caching systems
- Experience with a Linux shell and vi/emacs
- Deeper knowledge of TCP/IP networking and security: packet/LAN sniffers, XSS, CSRF, encryption, HTTPS, SMTP/POP, DNS, etc.
- Advanced debugging skills and tools: ability to isolate memory leaks, memory corruptions, and deadlocks; some experience with a code profiler
- Advanced software development skills: process/thread synchronization and management, C/C++
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now . SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Additional Locations
: Job Segment:
Developer, Engineer, ERP, Cloud, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering
Software and Programming