IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Senior Database Administrator to join our client in Vancouver, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- DevOps automation for databases. Implementing operational automation using scripts (PowerShell, T-SQL, VB Scripts etc.)
- In-depth performance tuning and troubleshooting of SQL queries, stored procedures and SSIS packages
- Indexing for performance (index maintenance and statistics, index usage analysis etc.)
- Azure cloud services: Azure SQL, Azure SQL managed, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure Data Factory
- On-premises, Cloud and Hybrid database environments design, development and support.
- Experience with PowerBI development and support, including on-premises SSRS and Cloud based PowerBI dashboards
- Data modeling and scripting
- High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MS SQL Server (log shipping, DB mirroring, replication and Always-On)
- DR strategies design, implementation and testing
- Database monitoring, troubleshooting
- Hands on experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting (SSRS), Analysis (SSAS) and Integration Services (SSIS) projects development and deployment
- Solid understanding of Database security and implementation of best practices in database access across enterprise
- Source Code repository experience (TFS, GitHub, Azure DevOps) to support software development life cycle, including CI/CD pipelines setup and management
Top Skills Required
- Microsoft SQL Server 2019 (or earlier) certification
- Azure Database Administrator Associate or equivalent
- Experience with ORACLE 11g and higher
- Experience with GCP and Azure Cloud services
- Experience working with Windows server 2012 and higher
- Experience with Active Directory in context of database security
- Storage and Virtualization
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.