What you'll do
What you bring
- Reporting to the Director, Analytics, the Senior Data Consultant, Performance Measurement and Reporting, supports BC's Agency for Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (Agency) by providing expertise and leadership in data quality, data extraction, reporting, biostatistical analysis and interpretation of data from various sources across the province. This position requires a high degree of knowledge of laboratory and/or clinical data, data management and warehousing, database queries, business intelligence tools, and the ability to communicate findings to a wide range of stakeholders.
- In addition this position employs project management expertise and methodologies as a means to ensure successful completion of project components and deliverables.
- Provides guidance to the Agency by designing the approach and responses to requests for data and analytical products from internal or external stakeholders;
- Provides knowledge, analysis and technical expertise in data governance and information management;
- Assists with and provides advice for the development and operation of the Agency's data holdings and its associated supporting documentation;
- Develops and manages data access/data sharing policies, procedures and agreements by ensuring the safety, security, integrity and confidentiality of data stored in the BC information systems are in accordance with industry standards, applicable legislation, policies and data sharing agreements;
- Assists the Epidemiologist, analysts and consultants on data quality issues, areas of potential improvement, and implementation of new/revised processes to enhance system performance;
- Oversees and review services by identifying, monitoring and analyzing key performance indicators and service delivery. The work involves data linkage, extraction, validation, analysis and presentation in a narrative, table and/or graph format (e.g., control charts, line/bar graphs, etc.). The end products range from manual ad-hoc queries to automated dashboards and reports;
- Leads data quality best practices by participating in design and operation working groups;
- Critically evaluates data and data extraction methods, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and availability of data for compilation, analysis and interpretation for identifying emerging quality and utilization priorities and opportunities;
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Masters Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, and/or Informatics plus a minimum of eight (8) years recent related experience in business intelligence, statistics and/or the health information field in a large, complex organization.
- Advanced knowledge of descriptive statistics, statistical inference and modeling using statistical software such as SPSS, R and/or SA
- Demonstrated ability to develop complex and customized SQL queries for relational databases, with applied experience with business intelligence tools (ex: Tableau, IBM Cognos, SAP BusinessObjects)
What's in it for you
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and system analysis skills including the ability to comprehend complex issues and related data/information
- Strong communication (both written and oral) and presentation skills
- Ability to function in a self-directed manner, handle multiple concurrent tasks, with the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadline
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to support working with and supervising a variety of people as a leader, coach and change agent.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular Full Time
3rd floor 1867 W. Broadway, Vancouver
Hours of work
091390E What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Labor Agreement Excluded Requisition # 091390E-2336357 Work Site 3rd floor 1867 W. Broadway, Vancouver Job Type Regular, Full-Time FTE 1.00 Hours of Work 0830-1630, 0900-1700 Work Days Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Expiry Date 14-Mar-2020