Senior Data Engineer
TSO Logic is a recently acquired team into the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Migration Services group. Our service delivers data-driven recommendations to right-size and right-cost compute. Our predictive analytics provide insights to create an optimized path for migration from on-premise to AWS.
We are looking for an experienced results-oriented Senior Data Engineer to lead, develop and grow our team of talented Data Engineers.
The candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, understands the Enterprise IT management space, and will help us delight customers with a rich set of capabilities to understand their IT environments and integrate them with AWS services.
The Senior Data Engineer will independently and directly manage all engineers on their team, including hiring, performance managing, developing and promoting.
The Senior Data Engineer will continuously examine and evolve data and development processes as the team further integrates into AWS and expands, communicating and collaborating closely with internal TSO Logic partners such as QA, System Engineering, Client Delivery and Product Management.
The Senior Data Engineer will own the day-to-day management of data engineering, helping to remove obstacles and empower their team to lead and succeed.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Hires and develops great people
• Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Strong results orientation
• Thinks bigBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science,or related technical discipline
• 8+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
• An ability to lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Software and Programming