As a result of growth our client is looking to add a contract data engineer to the team to build new components and add additional functionality to a large-scale system being implemented.
- 6-month Data Engineer contract
- Great chance to be part of a large-scale business transformation
- Enterprise organization with a global footprint who has seen tremendous growth year over year.
What & Why:
You will be responsible for using structured tools for analysis and presentation of concepts and models to enhance the BRD. You will be developing, maintaining and delivering training materials to the supply chain end-users and working collaboratively with external consultants, internal & external resources throughout the project lifecycle to ensure system modifications meet business needs. You will be developing, maintaining and delivering desirable, feasible, viable, sustainable features to end-users and conducting the required engineering work to support the sprint goals. You will also support production issues as they relate to the application functionality and integration points.
This client has a global presence and is one of the most recognizable Canadian brands. They are well known for their corporate culture and won major awards for their accomplishments in 2019. 2020 remained a very strong year for them which included a major strategic acquisition. 2021 has them investing majorly in bleeding edge technology as they looking to be a global leader in retail technology. They have an all-star leadership team who keeps you accountable and provides support while still affording you tremendous autonomy. They are located close to rapid transit in newly renovated offices in downtown Vancouver and have full remote on-boarding capability during Covid19 and are full work remote until at least August 2021.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- 4-9 years of experience with cloud ETL platforms
- Proficient in PySpark
- Proven experience in managing data warehouses and ETL pipelines (Min. 4 years)
- Solid scripting capability for analysis and reporting (Strong SQL)
- Strong problem-solving skills (Math skills required for data modeling)
- Strong analytical skills to support BAs.
- Ability to work as a back-end data engineer (SQL/Python/PySpark)
- Familiarity with DevOps practices like automated delivery pipeline (CI/CD)
- Must have: Working experience in dealing with big data platforms and data manipulation.
- Must have: Working experience with cloud platforms namely AWS or Azure
- Desired: Experience with AWS ETL Platforms (Glue/Athena/EMR), Amazon Redshift, Databricks
- Desired: Understanding of data analytics and Machine Learning Ops
- Bachelor’s degree in Comp Sci, MIS, Business or related experience.
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Software and Programming Information Technology