Job Description Summary
Do you live and breathe data? Are you looking to work with the latest technologies in a purpose-driven company committed to enabling life science research? This is an exciting opportunity where you will analyze fascinating data sets. As a Senior Data Engineer you will provide subject matter expertise in the delivery of data and will be responsible for providing leadership for the full lifecycle from data acquisition to delivery to a data warehouse or other destination type, as well as ensuring performance optimization and quality of developed solutions are fit for use.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop data-driven solutions which include ETL pipelines, dimensional modeling, metadata management, data cleansing and conforming, and querying
- Lead the delivery lifecycle including establishing and enhancing tools to support the lifecycle e.g. utilization of code management, test-driven development, and automated deployment
- Support the continuous improvement of the development life cycle including establishing and enhancing tools, utilization of code management, code reviews, test-driven development, and deployment automation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in a data engineering, analyst, or other data-related roles
- Fluent in DB development using SQL
- Familiarity with ELT/ETL, Modern Data Warehousing tools such as Snowflake, AWS Technologies such as AWS Lambda Functions, S3, AWS Glue
- Background in one or more BI tools like SAP Analytics Cloud, or Tableau or PowerBI
- Proven ability to lead with DataOps approach using tools like github, dbt, JIRA creating transparent and automated CI/CD pipelines.
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!