Our client is looking for a Senior Data Engineer/Architect for a full time opportunity. 100% Remote position within Canada!
- Senior Data Engineer/Architect
- MySQL Expert
- Strong Data Warehousing experience
What & Why:
The Senior Data Engineer/Architect is responsible for all data driven initiatives and strategies focusing on database schema design and maintenance, data transformation and batch processing, data analytics and data management.
The Data Architect will work collaboratively with existing DBA resources, software developers and business stakeholders in performing data analysis, and reports development against massive datasets comprising hundreds of millions of records per month. Backup strategies and data management will utilize a hybrid cloud / onsite architecture with reporting housed on a cloud-based platform that will serve both internal and external clients. The Data Architect will act as a lead for a growing DBA team, setting priorities and organizing work in collaboration with the Head of CloudOps.
Not only is relevant industry experience important, but so are your demonstrated abilities and attitude. Your desire to mentor and learn, empathy for our customers and fellow teammates, and enthusiasm to excel are all key factors in your success.
Previous positions you may have held could include Senior BI Developer, Lead Database Administrator, or Senior Data Analyst.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Data Engineer/Architect will have had experience in customer facing roles, been successful in leading deep technical discussion / design sessions, while still being very hands on with technical implementation. They would be comfortable with working with massive data sets stored in various means (i.e. on bare metal systems and/or in the cloud, in distributed databases or csv files etc.). The ideal candidate has a proven track record in establishing appropriate data management processes, polices and procedures.
What You'll Do
- Take ownership of all data sources, repositories and artifacts including documentation, diagrams, polices, procedures and the actual data and schema itself
- Develop Big Data storage using cloud data platforms (such as GCP, AWS etc.) to consume vast amounts of data and consolidate them to be consumable by technical and non-technical users alike (both internal and external)
- Architect scalable and sustainable data management, analytics, and storage solutions on hybrid cloud (modern cloud platforms integrating with legacy systems)
- Lead and report on progress on the small but growing DBA team
- Oversight into data monitoring, performance and other data devops tasks
- Projects or duties outlined as the Head of CloudOps sees fit
Our client is a SaaS communications platform. Their mission is to transform contact center communication to empower world-class customer experience. They offer a family vibe, which includes fun problems to solve, extended holidays, fun social events + more.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- 8+ years of experience with a deep understanding of databases and analytics, specifically in MySQL, data warehousing, and business analytics (Power BI, Tableau, Data studio etc.)
- Reporting Authoring, ETL
- Building/Maintaining efficient database schemas
- Database performance management and tuning
- Backup and recovery processes that can be executed by non-DBA technical support staff
- Data security (encryption, role based access control, auditing, best practices and so forth)
- 5+ years of experience leading DBA resources and managing complex projects requiring interfacing with multiple stakeholders with a demonstrated ability to obtain consensus
- Experience with Google Data Studio
- Experience with AWS Quicksight
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Software and Programming Information Technology