Are you a analytics or lake specialist? Do you like to solve the most complex challenges in the world today? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use computing to do big things faster and at lower cost? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through impact projects that use the newest analytic technologies?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring technical computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will collaborate with partner and client teams to deliver proof-of-concept projects, conduct topical workshops, and lead projects. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as machine learning, IoT, batch/real-time processing, and business intelligence. This role will specifically focus on processing capabilities and helping our customers and partners leverage their to business insights.
• Expertise - Collaborate with field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use services such as Amazon Elastic Compute (EC2), Amazon Pipeline, S3, DynamoDB , Relational Service (RDS), Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) and Amazon Redshift.
• Solutions - Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, creating consulting proposals and creating packaged & Analytics service offerings.
• Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of services to support new computing solutions that often span private and public services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and of new applications using services.
• Insights - Work with engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of services.
• Push the envelope - computing is reducing the historical "IT constraint" on businesses. Imagine bold possibilities and work with our clients and partners to find innovative new ways to satisfy business needs through and business intelligence.
As a member of the AWS Professional Services team, you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing comprehensive learning and mentorship programs. Our team also puts a value on work-life balance. We offer a flexible work environment to help you balance your work and personal life while still remaining customer obsessed.
This is a customer facing role. You may be asked to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related field or equivalent professional or military experience
• 8+ years of experience of IT platform in a highly technical and analytical role
• 5+ years of experience in lake/platform , including 3+ years of hands-on experience in and performance tuning Hadoop/Spark implementations
• Hands-on implementation experience developing software code in one or more programming languages (, scala, etc.)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Masters or PhD in computer science, physics, engineering, math, or related field
• Hands-on experience leading large global warehousing and analytics projects
• Understanding of analytical technologies including MPP and databases, data warehousing, BI reporting and dashboard development
• Experience with Apache Hadoop and one or more relevant tools (Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Oozie, Hue, Zookeeper, HCatalog, Solr, Avro)
• Familiarity with one or more SQL-on- technology (Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, Presto)
• Implementation and tuning experience using Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR)
• Ability to collaborate effectively across organizations and think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges while lead large-scale projects
• Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position