Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Hootsuite Cultural Manifesto
Guru Career Track
B Corporation Certification Who You Are...
You’re great with numbers, creative, ambitious, hard-working, and have impeccable attention to detail. You’re a seasoned analyst with 5+ years experience, excellent professional experience and your ready for a new challenge at a leading tech-based SaaS company.
You will be the newest member of our Business Insights & Analytics team. We help drive business growth and product innovation by translating numbers into actionable insights, defining success metrics and benchmarks. You will partner with teams within Hootsuite to measure success and iterate -- all while isolating hidden correlations and calling out insights to grow our Volume business.
We really care about simplifying problems and seamless execution so bonus points if you write like Hemingway, present like Jobs, and visualize data like Tufte. *All applicants require a valid Canadian work permit and must be located in Vancouver or willing to relocate Start Date:
ASAP You’re Great At...
- Building dashboards, reports and metrics to help teams measure and monitor success
- Leveraging the power of R or Python in building reproducible and concise analysis #dataninja
- Creating SQL queries, specifically PostgreSQL
- Experience with Tableau or equivalent BI tools like Spotfire and QlikView to create fast, informative insights into data.
- Collaborating with stakeholders and helping them uncover insights into their initiatives
- A proven self starter with top notch presentation and communication skills
- Attention to detail and agility to work in a fast-paced environment
- Being flexible and able to context switch on a dime
- Juggling multiple projects and executing at the highest level
- You like to have fun and geek out on data!
- Knowledge in data preparation, collection, and cleansing (ETL) process
- We use GitHub to share projects and source control our work so if you know how to use a Git repo then you are ahead of the game!
- Statistics and experimental methodology (e.g. A/B testing)
- Knowledge or experience with Google Analytics
- Previous SaaS or tech startup experience