Our client, a full-service mid-sized law firm located near Burrard Skytrain station, is seeking a Corporate Records Supervisor to lead an incredible team.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a strong Corporate Records team of both Paralegals & Clerks
- Prepare BC annual report/annual general meeting resolutions – including outstanding documents as required;
- File BC annual reports with Registrar of Companies – paper or electronic filings;
- Prepare BC extraprovincial annual reports and accounts;
- Review and file BC extraprovincial annual reports (and accompanying Notices) with the Registrar of Companies;
- Update register of directors and database for BC extraprovincial registrations to reflect change in directors and officers;
- Handle problems/filings related to BC extraprovincial registrations;
- Forward or pay accounts from out-of-province agents;
- File extraprovincial annual returns with home jurisdiction;
- Update database to reflect filing of annual reports and AGM resolutions;
- Update database to reflect appointment/change of auditor, accountant and year end (as advised by company on AGMs or CSR)
- Incoming telephone inquiries related to annual documents;
- Forward documents for filing in original/duplicate records maintained elsewhere;
- Arrange for processing of payment of fees and accounts via trust when cheques in US funds provided (usually for extraprovincial or OOP files) and overpayment of filing fees.
- Preparation of document change of directors and officers as directed;
- Changes of registered and records office;
- Dividend documentation as directed;
- Incorporations and other work as delegated;
- Annual maintenance, documents and filings as directed;
- PP annual maintenance every month;
- File opening/closing;
- Updating and maintaining ALF database for specific companies.
- At least 10 years of direct corporate records experience required but more preferred;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills;
- Attentive to detail;
- Able to work independently and as part of a team; and
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work.
If interested, please submit your resume to [email protected].
Posted: November 10, 2017
Closes:January 9, 2018