Our client, a full-service mid-sized law firm located near Burrard Skytrain station, is seeking a Senior Corporate-Commercial Lending Paralegal who will work in a one-on-one team.
- Assisting with large corporate financing transactions, asset/share purchase/sale transactions, attending to due diligence searches, organizing and drafting necessary documents, including agreements, resolutions, Land Title Office searches, land transfers, orders to pay, mortgages and discharges; preparing document books and drafting reporting letters;
- Incorporating British Columbia companies, federal corporations, societies, partnerships, post incorporation documents, company name changes, appointments, removals and resignations of directors and officers, allotment and transfer of shares, drafting special rights and restrictions, declaration of dividends, bonuses and management fees, dissolutions, extra-provincial registrations in British Columbia, dissolutions, restorations, redemption and repurchase of shares, amalgamations and corporate reorganizations;
- British Columbia Personal Property Security Act searches, registrations and discharges, general security agreements, resolutions in connection with same, and reporting letters to debtors and secured parties
- Identifying forms and formats; producing text; proofreading; maintaining document control system;
- Obtaining and organizing documents, preparing Lists of Documents, obtaining and organizing other parties’ documents;
- Managing files and documents; coordinating with support services and clients, expediting paper flow; maintaining schedules and deadlines; generating status reports, logs, and indexes; processing necessary documents and payments;
- Drafting client reports with respect to development, preparing complicated records requests;
- Organizing document control; designing retrieval systems; summarizing, coding, and storing documents; updating system; and
- Coordinating and following up on practice group assignments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Require:
- possessing knowledge of legal principles and practices at a level normally acquired through formal training or its equivalent;
- approximately 5 to 10 years on the job experience in order to gain expertise needed to do substantive legal support work;
- abilitiy to organize and prioritize numerous taskes and complete them under time constraints;
- ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for up to 80 percent of the work time when evaluating legal matters;
- ability to proofread typed material for contextual, grammatical, typographical or spelling errors;
- possessing interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate in person, by e-mail and telephone and follow the instruction effectively from a diverse group of clients, lawyers and staff and provide information with courtesy and tact;
- bility to work occasionally at high levels of mental effort and strain while organizing and maintaining multiple cases;
- ability to work occasionally more than 35 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position which would result in overtime;
- ability to operate standard office equipment such as computer, photocopiers, fax machines and typewriter; and
- ability to travel to private and public buildings, locally and nationally, via private or public conveyance to assist lawyer in attending to client needs on legal matters.
If you want to come work for a firm that is friendly and supportive, please send your resume to [email protected].
Posted: November 14, 2017
Closes:January 13, 2018