Senior Corporate Administrator
Burnaby Corporate Office
G&F Financial Group is looking for an energetic and proactive administrative professional to join our hard-working and lively Corporate team as Senior Corporate Administrator. This role performs an essential function by providing senior-level administrative support to Executive Management and the Board of Directors, as well as contributing to all functions within the Administration group. The incumbent is a beacon of service excellence and professionalism with all members, internal and external.
- Assists the Executive Assistant with respect to internal and external projects, committees, Board, reports, task forces and contacts as required. Acts on behalf of the Executive Assistant when required.
- Partners with Administrative Assistant to oversee corporate reception, including directing telephone calls and visitors and coordinating incoming/outgoing mail and couriers.
- Composes and communicates a variety of materials such as reports, correspondence, including highly confidential material for executive signature
- Maintains and updates confidential files, databases, directories and records; organizes filing and archiving systems for the CEOs, Board of Directors and executive/senior management group
- Prepares and distributes meeting packages for a variety of Committee and Board meetings; distributes minutes and actions follow up items; attends assigned Committee meetings for the purposes of minute taking and acting as a resource to the Board Directors
- Researches, gathers information and data for and produces regular and ad-hoc reports for management and/or Board; ensures regular monthly reporting is completed in a timely manner including regulatory filing requirements
- Assists with preparation of G&F’s Annual General Meeting and Annual Golf Tournament along with assisting in the coordination and planning of Board and executive events
- Along with Executive Assistant, acts as key resource for Board of Directors
- Completion of post-secondary education in business or office administration
- 4-5 years’ progressive experience in a similar corporate administrative role
- Demonstrated understanding of board governance and general related processes
- Previous experience in a financial institution or credit union is an asset
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite with demonstrated advanced skill in MS Word and Excel
- Experience with Aprio software and DNA banking system are an asset
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with solid business writing and grammar skills
- Proficiency taking formal meeting minutes is essential
- High level of professionalism and initiative
- Understanding of privacy regulations and an ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Equivalent combination of the above may be appropriate
Why work for G&F?
At G&F Financial Group, you’ll love coming to work! As well as working alongside an empowered and engaged group of fellow professionals and an opportunity to develop and further your career, we offer a comprehensive compensation plan with a fantastic array of benefits including fully paid group health premiums, an unbeatable RRSP contribution program and a staff loan program with preferred interest rates. G&F also offers a unique culture of community involvement where you can contribute to causes that are important to you. 75 years old and going strong, G&F is an organization you can feel great about!
How to Apply:
Please submit your application online through www.gffg.com/careers. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Posted: November 16, 2016
Closes:January 15, 2017