: Arc'teryx celebrates the awesome power and eternal optimism of nature via evolution. We embrace natures spirit with design, and our creative team brings that spirit to life in words, images, experiences, and the community. The Senior Copywriter will oversee the Arc'teryx voice across all vertical channels and paid media. As a member of the Senior Creative team, they will lead the work of localization, writers and contractors while editing to ensure consistency of brand voice and tone. They will provide vision and strategy as well as conceptual and executional excellence. As the key point person for engaging brand level copy and being the collaborator between the Creative and Product Marketing teams, Retail, PR/Media teams, and Product Line Management. They will lead other writers to drive the development of messaging derived from various sources which range from raw product technical copy, creative ideation and campaign development sessions, third party agencies, and creative strategists. They will carry this work through to final consumer delivery ensuring accuracy and consistency across all channels of final outputs.Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Manage all category and contract writers, ensuring a strong, recognizable and relevant voice for the brand is communicated and executed across all marketing touch points.
• Brand & product marketing, advertising, and social media
• Product naming
• Ecommerce narrative and product descriptions
• CTA and channel messaging
- Creative campaign development and messaging hierarchies
- Own and manage the brand copy guidelines and continually update the guidelines to coincide with major brand shifts and/or seasonal requirements.
- You contribute to brainstorming visual and copy ideas with other members of the Creative team for brand initiatives and product launches.
- Provide copy strategy, including concept development, for ongoing and seasonal marketing campaigns.
- Create persuasive messages and compelling stories that inform, entertain, inspire, and engage while also generating brand loyalty in consumers.
- Proofreading; Ensure that copy is clear, accurate, and intelligent, reflecting the Arc'teryx voice and tone.
- You work closely with Product Line Management and Product Marketing Teams to develop a deep understanding of the product lines for activation/navigation within retail and ecommerce spaces.
- Partner with PR/Media team for press releases and other press/media communication
- You and your team work closely with all DTC Marketing teams, to understand the channels and where final copy appears and ensure consistent messaging.
- Your team produces both long and short form versions of product and brand copy, ensuring messaging and tone stays consistent throughout.
- 7-10 years experience leading a team and writing all forms of copy and communications at a vertical brand or advertising agency
- Bachelor's degree or experience equivalent in liberal arts and/or creative writing.
- Experience leading creative ideation sessions and design thinking
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues, seeking the best (sometimes not the easiest) solutions with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You effectively balance autonomy and collaboration
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
Sales and Marketing