You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.The opportunity:
With increasing globalization, companies have a growing need for analysis and advice on the subject of customs legislation.
KPMG's Trade & Customs Practice provides clients with global solutions for cutting trade and customs costs and for reducing the effects of barriers to international trade. You will deal with in-depth compliance issues, origin verification, duty relief applications, and provide support to all other indirect and direct tax practitioners within Canada and around the world.
This position requires significant experience in government, private industry, customs brokerage or public accounting. As a member of our Trade & Customs Practice, you will deal with in-depth compliance issues, origin verification, duty relief applications, and provide support to other tax professionals. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Assist clients with the resolution of key trade and customs issues.
- Coordinate with appropriate government departments to ensure solutions are compliant.
- Update and inform clients of changes in trade and customs regulations, which may affect the client's business.
- Review trade and customs documentation for accuracy and format.
- Contribute to the development of the Trade and Customs Practice within the local environment while assisting the development of the national practice.
Keys to your success:
- Completion of a Business degree, specialization in customs administration is an asset.
- Experience in customs administration or consulting, or related employment by Canada Border Services Agency in the area of customs is an asset.
- Advanced understanding of customs compliance, you are able to develop a customs audit or review plan, understand and can apply the complex NAFTA Rules of origin for Automotive, Chemical and Textiles, and have an in-depth knowledge of The Customs Act, Customs Tariff and other relevant legislation.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with clients as well as government officials and to work as a team member.
- Strong experience in compliance review, implementation, and testing.
- Excellent practice development skills and the ability to identify and discuss key issues with clients.
- Ability to identify business opportunities and build relationships with both internal and external clients.
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.