You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 207,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 153 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. About the Opportunity:
Deal Advisory's Restructuring & Turnaround group helps restructure troubled companies and provides financial advisory services to management, boards of directors, creditors and to a multitude of other stakeholders. We also provide formal insolvency expertise, including acting as trustees under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and as a monitor under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act. Our professionals work to achieve the best possible outcomes for troubled companies and their stakeholders. By applying strategic business and financial expertise, we assist organizations to overcome the changing business environments and many challenges they face.
As Senior Consultant, Restructuring & Turnaround in Deal Advisory, you are a motivated, self-starter with expertise in finance, strategy, research and business operations with a focus in a deal environment. Our work environment is conducive to advancement for employees who perform. We reward exceptional individuals with responsibility, profile and career progression. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Conduct financial analysis of companies in a variety of industries, including review of operations and cash flows.
- Develop complex financial models.
- Prepare independent business reviews of underperforming companies and assist in presenting findings to stakeholders.
- Assist with preparation and distribution of reports.
- Communicate directly with a variety of stakeholders, including our clients, lenders, employees, and the advisors to stakeholders.
- Assist with proactive business development initiatives.
- Perform analytical and market research information.
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- 3+ years of relevant post-grad work experience in a business advisory, accounting or financial analyst role.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the willingness to work to a deadline to meet client needs.
- Ability to prepare detailed, functional financial models, including financial projections.
Knowledge of the restructuring and insolvency industry. Strong consideration will be given to candidates with restructuring and insolvency experience.
- Strong technical, analytical skills and computer skills (particularly, modeling in Excel).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong consideration will be given to candidates with a professional designation in Accounting, CPA/CA.
- Strong consideration will be given to candidates registered to the NIQP, enrolled in CBV and/or CFA programs.
- Interest in registering for the Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP) qualification program
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.