At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The Opportunity:
KPMG's Operations M A team helps companies identify and deliver real value from major deals, including acquisitions and divestitures, that have lasting impacts on the future of their business. We support our clients during all stages of the deal cycle, from pre-merger operational due diligence or business improvement to post-merger integration. We help executive teams, management , and stakeholders to assess the impacts of a deal and develop thorough, strategies and executable plans that ensure the strategic reason of the deal is delivered. On the KPMG Operations M A team, no two days are the same as we work with a wide range of clients, including publicly, privately and private-equity held companies, across a variety of industries. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Work closely with executives and senior leadership teams within some of Western Canada's largest and most influential organizations to help them derive maximum value from key transactions.
- Identify operational upsides and risks associated with a transaction and develop executable plans.
- Support the identification, analysis and delivery of value-creation opportunities through the development of extensive models rooted in financial and non-financial data.
- Perform industry research, produce benchmarks, and collect financial and operational KPIs to leverage external insights and challenge performance.
- Assist clients with synergy or cost savings tracking, planning, and initial implementation.
- Take responsibility for the timely completion of well structured, fact-based and data-driven client deliverables that exceed client expectations.
- Communicate effectively and skillfully with the engagement leader and senior client management to discuss insights of the analysis.
Keys to your success
- Business degree with 3+ years of relevant post-grad work experience
- MBA, CPA, CFA or equivalent complete qualification
- Financial and operational thinking with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - Thorough business acumen, including financial literacy
- Ability to collaborate and quickly develop effective working relationships
- Understanding of program or project management (no formal project certification is required )
- Experience working with senior management and/or managing multiple stakeholders
- Previous experience in a deal setting, improvement consulting, operational restructuring, turnarounds or operational improvement initiatives is considered an asset
- A self-starter who thrives working in an adaptable , rapidly evolving transaction environment that requires a strong work ethic and teamwork
- Creative problem-solver with the ability to challenge current thinking through extensive analytics
- Comfortable working with incomplete information and ability to make intelligent, fact-based assumptions where necessary
- Comfortable working autonomously with minimal supervision and in collaboration as part of a team
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail with effective organizational skills
- High degree of personal and professional integrity
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally / internationally as required
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.