You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
KPMG's Operations M&A team helps companies identify and deliver real value from major deals, including acquisitions and divestitures, that have lasting impacts on the future of their business. We support our clients during all stages of the deal cycle, from pre-merger operational due diligence or business improvement to post-merger integration. We help executive teams, management, and stakeholders to assess the impacts of a deal and develop thorough, strategies and executable plans that ensure the strategic rationale of the deal is delivered. On the KPMG Operations M&A team, no two days are the same as we work with a wide range of clients, including publicly, privately and private-equity held companies, across a variety of industries. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Work closely with executives and senior leadership teams within some of Western Canada's largest and most influential organizations to help them derive maximum value from key transactions.
- Identify operational upsides and risks associated with a transaction and develop executable plans.
- Support the identification, analysis and delivery of value-creation opportunities through the development of robust models rooted in financial and non-financial data.
- Perform industry research, produce benchmarks, and collect financial and operational KPIs to leverage external insights and challenge performance.
- Assist clients with synergy or cost savings tracking, planning, and initial execution.
- Take responsibility for the timely completion of well structured, fact-based and data-driven client deliverables that exceed client expectations.
- Communicate effectively and confidently with the engagement leader and senior client management to discuss insights of the analysis.
- Business degree with 3+ years of relevant post-grad work experience
- MBA, CPA, CFA or equivalent complete qualification
Keys to your success:
- Financial and operational thinking with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills - Solid business acumen, including financial literacy
- Ability to collaborate and quickly build effective working relationships
- Understanding of program or project management (no formal project certification is required)
- Experience working with senior management and/or managing multiple stakeholders
- Previous experience in a deal setting, improvement consulting, operational restructuring, turnarounds or operational improvement initiatives is considered an asset
Why Choose KPMG?
- A self-starter who thrives working in a dynamic, rapidly evolving transaction environment that requires a strong work ethic and teamwork
- Creative problem-solver with the ability to challenge current thinking through robust analytics
- Comfortable working with incomplete information and ability to make intelligent, fact-based assumptions where necessary
- Comfortable working independently with minimal supervision and in collaboration as part of a team
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail with effective organizational skills
- High degree of personal and professional integrity
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally / internationally as required
Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. Watch this video to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance