Permanent Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness. Ready to build out a strategic response to possible threats that could protect our clients' reputation and brand? Are you interested in helping clients prevent those threats? Read more below!What will your typical day look like?
As a Cyber Risk Senior Consultant focusing on infrastructure and application security, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects addressing new technology trends and related business challenges faced by our clients both locally and globally. Tasks include:
About the team
- Assessing and implementing security solutions for clients
- Reviewing security-related events, assessing risk and validity, as well as reporting on security postures and recommending corrective actions when required
- Working with security vendors to understand their solution offerings and advise clients on appropriate technologies and architectures, based on their needs
- Conducting research on the latest security technologies and standards, as well as the threat and vulnerability landscape, in order to advise clients and recommend appropriate actions
- Facilitating use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services.
Infrastructure, Networking and Application Security is a critical part of Deloitte's Cyber Risk Services practice, which helps our clients to be Secure, Vigilant and Resilient in the face of an ever-increasing array of cyber threats and vulnerabilities. Our Cyber Risk Services help organizations with the management of information and technology risks by delivering end-to-end solutions, using proven methodologies and tools in a consistent manner. Our services help organizations address timely and pervasive issues such as identity theft, data security breaches, data leakage, cyber security, and system outages across organizations of various sizes and industries, with the goal of enabling ongoing, secure, and reliable operations across the enterprise.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or Information Security or relevant experience in these domains
- 5 years or more experience in infrastructure security ideally within large enterprise environments.
- Experience with the Cloud Managed Services to deliver project infrastructure requirements; Suggest adjustments to the infrastructure based on client requirements, performance needs, or opportunities for system improvement
- Participate in infrastructure-related SLM and reporting
- Create and maintain a disaster recovery plan, capacity plan, compliance plan and architectural roadmap
- Knowledge of application security concepts and overall application design is important
- Experience in application development and knowledge of main programming languages, hacking or network security, and performing eForensics, investigations or incident management are assets
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production