EY's Health Consulting practice provides comprehensive performance improvement solutions to government, public and private health care organizations across Canada. These solutions are delivered across several strategic service offerings, which include clinical and operational performance improvement, technology and digital transformation (including EHR/EMRs, automation, virtual health, and analytics), strategy development and planning, workforce strategy and organizational design, major project/program advisory services, as well as system and care delivery model design and transformation. Our Health practice works closely and collaborates with our Government and Public Sector and Life Science practices.
EY's Health practice operates as a national team, collaborating across several EY service lines, both at a local and global scale. When it comes to health, we believe that access, quality, and efficiency can be improved at the same time. We have the privilege of working as trusted advisors to governments and health delivery organizations across Canada in transforming and making meaningful and lasting improvements to our health systems. Beyond our borders, EY leverages relationships with global EY member firms and organizations to effectively provide our clients leading practice innovative solutions. Every member of our team comes to work each day to work alongside our clients to improve Canada's healthcare system.
EY's Health Consulting practice is seeking a highly motivated team player with a strong work ethic and excellent consulting skills for the role of Senior Consultant. Your Responsibilities
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex consulting concepts and the Canadian health care system.
• Deliver quality services by providing insightful and impactful solutions to complex client issues, leveraging analytical approaches, established methodologies and critical thinking skills within expected timeframes.
• Monitor progress, manage risk and confirm key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
• Develop, maintain and strengthen client relationships through the delivery of excellent service.
• Participate in business development activities, including proposal coordination and development.
• Keep abreast of current health care and government trends and issues directly relevant to the business of current and potential clients.
• Demonstrate technical and professional knowledge of the health care industry.
• Demonstrate a commitment to curiosity and continue learning by networking with industry and participating in the development of health care thought leadership.
• Foster an innovative, inclusive and team-oriented work environment. To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor or Master's degree in business, health administration, public policy or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
• A post graduate degree or relevant professional designation (MBA or MSC are preferred)
• A minimum of 2+ years' experience in industry or with a professional services firm along with a successful track record in health and performance improvement solutions
• Experience working with federal/provincial government health agencies, health care delivery organizations or health consulting experience is an asset.
• Advanced problem-solving skills and critical thinking ability.
• Strong command of technical applications and tools to support complex analysis.
• Experience synthesizing research and analysis into structured and logical recommendations.
• Excellent communication skills and writing ability.
• Travel requirements may be up to 80% of work week, depending on client specific requirements subject post-COVID travel expectations. What we look for
We're looking for people that are passionate health care consultants, at the top of their game, but who would like to continue to grow their subject matter expertise and help others around them achieve their potential. If you have a passion for assisting health care or government organizations achieve their full potential and working with some of the highest performing teams, this role might very well be for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We're committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Customer Service and Support