At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG Lighthouse Vancouver has an exciting opportunity for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team! This role will be a rewarding experience for you if you:
What you will do
- Thrive on challenges and work best in a fast-paced environment where each day is different
- Work well in a project team environment and have strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Have a permanent "figure it out" mindset
What you bring to the role
- Work with a tight-knit development team developing software to meet client specifications.
- Perform peer-level review, quality assurance and testing on code submitted in an agile development lifecycle.
- Design and build scalable applications, templating, and processes to assist in improving team workflow.
- Gather and analyze software requirements to develop impactful recommendations and solutions.
- Work with large volumes of data (structured and unstructured).
- Effectively communicate orally and written with peers within Lighthouse, KPMG, and the client.
- Ensure successful development and smooth execution of complex web-based applications
- Support the entire development life cycle with professional software engineering best practices
- Support, contribute and guide good coding standards
- Perform code reviews
- Support source control management (Git, SVN, etc)
- Understand and help configure continuous integration and continuous delivery (CICD) systems (GitHub actions, Jenkins, Nexus, Docker, etc.)
- Guidance and contribution to testing
- JIRA Ninja
- Facilitate and contribute to white boarding, designing, and engineering sessions
- Contribute to level of effort estimation
- Work with existing codebases and systems for the full stack
- Modern Web UI frameworks (React, VUE.JS, etc. using CLI, etc.)
- API definition (YAML, Swagger, JSON)
- Backend (Python Flask, ORM, Java, .Net, DBs including etc.)
- Integrations (ESB, legacy system integration, etc.)
- Help architect new applications by evaluating technologies and working within client and project guidelines
- Document everything in sight to ensure the team knows anything they need quickly (technical details, setup info, standards, environments, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with team members to logically break down development tasks to allow parallel development of the application
- Have the highest level of professional and kind communication with both the team and client
Good to have:
- 5+ years of professional experience in developing web-based software applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proficiency with at least one backend / API RESTful service (Node, Java w/ SpringMVC, .Net, Python etc.)
- Proficiency with Python scripting, and ideally Python as a web backend (Flask, SQLAlchemy, etc)
- Proficiency with SQL based DBs (MS SQL, PGSQL, etc.)
- Familiarity with ORM frameworks
- Familiarity with document based DBs (Cosmos, Mongo, etc.)
- Proven track record of delivering successful enterprise level applications in a collaborative development environment
- Enjoys taking ownership of tasks and responsibilities and pushing technological boundaries
- Drive to learn and constantly improve your skillset
- Experience in analytics, statistics, data mining, machine learning, natural language processing and/or mathematics is an asset.
- Enjoy working in a fun and fast-paced Agile environment
Keys to your success
- Has experience with D3.js and related charting libraries (i.e. Nivo)
- Has experience with Dashboarding and Visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, etc.
- Has experience developing graphical applications with Unity
- Has worked on an open source project or is active in the open source community
- Plays some type of sport like basketball or Chess, or can withstand others talking about sports
- Loves music
- Likes Memes
- Enjoys finding free food
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Customer Service and Support