About Us Korn Ferry
is a global organizational consulting firm. We help clients synchronize strategy and talent to drive superior performance. We work with organizations to design their structures, roles, and responsibilities. We help them hire the right people to bring their strategy to life. And we advise them on how to reward, develop, and motivate their people.
Our 10,000 colleagues serve clients in more than 50 countries. We offer five core solutions:
- Organizational Strategy
- Assessment and Succession
- Talent Acquisition
- Leadership Development
- Total Rewards
Job description Position Summary
Korn Ferry is seeking a mid-level Consultant to work on workforce rewards, executive pay, or project teams from other solution areas (depending on own interest) with more seasoned practitioners to deliver custom solutions that meet or exceed client expectations.
This individual is expected to be autonomous in developing and proposing client solutions or project plans internally and then overseeing projects once the project plan has been approved. Business development is still not a major accountability but there is an expectation that role holders will identify opportunities to extend or enhance a project and lead in those discussions.Key Accountabilities
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Deliver high quality work that meets expectations for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
- Manage projects (small and medium size) or a significant work-stream of a more complex program and/or support relationship development as part of an account. Typical projects are of several months in duration. Complete resource planning for projects, recognizing when additional resources and/or expertise is needed and managing their involvement in the project (e.g., project onboarding and briefing).
- Support the design or development of solutions for clients by working as part of a client or opportunity team and leveraging the insights gained through research and analytics.
- May be the lead consultant for smaller clients and manage client expectations and satisfaction. May interact with executives of the client in the context of projects. Support senior colleagues on larger, more complex projects potentially leading some client facing aspects of the project in an area of expertise.
- Where time permits, contribute to winning profitable business by conducting background research, proposal writing, shaping opportunities, pitch preparation and opportunity spotting in clients.
- Work with and coordinate activities with colleagues across teams. May direct peers and more junior resources on projects. Provide guidance and coaching to more junior colleagues.
- Continue to develop a strong internal brand with a network of KF colleagues to receive guidance, leverage resources, identify additional sources of project work, etc. Begin to broaden network across the KF enterprise.
- Proactively develop internal relationships outside of team/office including other knowledge experts.
- Capable of identifying opportunities for other KF practices and providing high level descriptions of these services to clients.
- Bachelor's degree required, relevant Master's degree preferred.
- 4-5 years' total rewards experience or alternative relevant work experience (e.g., in a professional services or consulting firm or within a human resources or organization design department, delivering human capital-related services).
- Has established credentials in general reward consulting; is able to operate independently to make custom adjustments to relatively standard offerings to meet client needs. Is able to lead core service line work activities.
- Developing expertise (depth and breadth) and consulting skills i.e., client relationships, commercial impact and business insights.
- Proficient knowledge of Total Rewards, including job evaluation, market analysis, base compensation program design, variable pay plan design, sales compensation, performance management.
Korn Ferry is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/ Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you currently work for Korn Ferry or one of our affiliates, you must be eligible to apply for a different position within Korn Ferry to use the Careers Site. If you accept such a position, your benefits programs and Human Resources policies may change. Please consult with your HR contact for the new position concerning application eligibility, including any immigration/visa needs, benefit programs, and HR policies applicable to that position.
Banking, Finance and Insurance