At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Vancouver team are looking for a highly motivated Cloud Engineer at a Senior Consultant level to join our team! As a member of KPMG Canada's Lighthouse team, you will be dedicated to enabling and optimizing our clients' cloud functionality across our data, analytics, and software solutions. This role will be a rewarding experience for you if you:
- Thrive in a growth focused environment, providing you exposure to rewarding projects that deliver impact to clients across different verticals.
- Work well in a project team environment and have strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Have a "figure it out" mindset.
Innovate. Collaborate. Shine. Lighthouse - KPMG Canada's Center of Excellence for data valorization and advanced analytics- applies data science to solve real-word business problems, operationalize AI and optimize emerging technologies for its mission. Join a diverse team which is always curious and learning, thinking independently, working collaboratively, has a passion to solve difficult problems, and has fun doing it.
At KPMG we continue to be a virtual first work environment. The preferred location for this role is Vancouver, BC, however, we are open to the possibility of remote work arrangements across Canada. The team looks forward to representing KPMG and growing our practice locally through industry events and client meetings when safe to do so. What you will do
As a Senior Consultant, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
What you bring to the role
- Contribute to the entire project lifecycle including gathering and documenting requirements, design, architecture, implementation, management, and troubleshooting for next-generation, cloud-native products, and applications;
- Work with various engagement teams to understand business and gather technical requirements to build cloud native solutions based on leading practices ;
- Collaborate with internal and external technical teams to design, deploy and maintain cloud solutions for KPMG Canada;
- Collaborate with technical teams on defining cloud architectural standards and best practices, providing consistent recommendations and oversight to team members ;
- Understand KPMG's digital strategy, cloud platform capabilities, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions ;
- Ensure that solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment ;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, existing clients, and prospective client organizations ;
- Engage in and contribute to the innovation, growth and enhancement of KPMG Lighthouse services.
We will look to you to bring a blend of knowledge, training, and experience, including: Requirements:
Desired experience, certifications, and abilities:
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline,relevant STEM field experience, or equivalent work experience ;
- Industry relevant designations such as Azure and/or AWS architecture certifications;
- 3+ years of experience in cloud architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of complex application architectures that are scalable and repeatable, ideally within a services/ consulting
- Hands-on experience with the design and configuration of secure and scalable Cloud platforms; including account structure, security and compliance audit, connectivity, shared services ;
- Experience working in multi-cloud environments, specifically Azure, AWS and GCP ;
- Knowledge of cloud native architecture and principles and Infrastructure as a code ;
- Knowledge of cloud services: application integration, functions, cloud databases, data warehouse and analytics, serverless computing, machine learning, developer tools, security and identity management ;
- Knowledge of and experience in API and Webhook development using Python, Node.js, Ruby, PowerShell and Shell Scripting languages ;
- Fundamental understanding and experience with DevOpsand DevOps tools;
- Experience in Cloud automation such as, ARM & Terraform to enable Infrastructure as a Code, AWS Command Line Interface, AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, ;
- Proven track record in system integration and design and setup of Infrastructure as a service and Platform as a service deployment ;
- Strong business acumen and the ability to build business cases and client facing SOW's, SLA's, KPI's and cost models/metrics of solutions/ offerings ;
- Strong communicationand presentation skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex technology solutions and lead discussions with clear goals, deliverables, documented agreements and follow up actions ;
What makes you stand out:
- Background in data engineering, including experience and/ or knowledge of:
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL and Cosmos DB ;
- D ata pipeline and workflow management tools such as Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- B ig data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with Cloud Operating Systems including OpenStack, OpenShift, Windows, Linux, and vS phere ;
- Active presence in the open source community, including experience working on an open source project.
- You see the big picture both as a consultant and as an internal contributor. You are motivated to create solutions that are practical and cost-effective solutions that are relevant to your clients' objectives and challenges ;
- You'rea self-starter that takes initiative to contribute to the overall performance and success of the practice ;
- You have developed a reputation as a knowledgeable professional in your area, possess a solution orientated and analytical mindset, and enjoy guiding others through complex and at times ambiguous challenges ;
- You are an exceptional communicator, both verbally and written, with the ability to deliver professional communications, presentations, reports and documentation ;
- You have developed a strong professional brand and presence in the community, and regularly contribute to and participatein events.
Keys to your success:
- Has worked on an open-source project or is active in the open source community;
- Plays some type of sport like basketball or Chess, or can withstand others talking about sports;
- Loves music;
- Likes memes;
- Enjoys hunting for free food.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Customer Service and Support