Permanent Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
The Vancouver Assurance Services group is rapidly expanding. Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
A career in Audit & Assurance will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of unique engagements
Our Assurance group is composed of the Finance and Accounting & Transaction Advisory teams, which focus on providing solutions for technical accounting issues as well as enabling CFOs and their Finance teams for success. As a Senior Consultant, you would be part of both these teams to gain unique and broad experiences, and begin the process to specialize within one area or the other
Our Assurance Finance Team, focuses on applying our deep knowledge of financial reporting requirements, controls and processes to the operational aspects of Finance - "How" Finance does what it needs to do and where it can enhance the value it brings to the organization. Our core services include CFO / Finance Effectiveness Workshops, Finance Operating Model Assessments, Finance Process Mapping / Redesign, and "Fix Finance" projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools). It also includes Technology Advisory, which assesses technical needs to support the success of Finance, including the development of technical a roadmap to achieve that. We facilitate software selections for the Finance Function and may be asked assess the technical capability of our client to deliver the technical solutions.
Our Accounting & Transaction Advisory Team focuses on researching and developing accounting solutions, assisting with the adoption of new standards, as well as providing an accounting perspective for other advisory engagements.
We are looking for professionals with strong problem solving skills (diagnostic and solution development), a breadth of knowledge with respect to the operational aspects of financial reporting and strong facilitation skills.
External Posting Qualifications
- Working towards completing or finished the CPA, CA designation and possess a minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Must possess strong technical skills (GAAP, control certification, securities and regulatory, assurance) and experience in and knowledge of Public Sector Standards, IFRS, ASPE, and internal controls and risk
- Finance experience including accounting research, memo writing and related process and data
- Expertise in financial management disciplines such as financial process design, budgeting and planning, financial reporting, financial performance management and business case development
- Additional expertise in one or more of the following areas considered an asset: finance technology assessments (business systems, infrastructure, technology capabilities) and software selections/procurement processes
- Knowledge of technology trends and top tier systems in Finance is considered an asset
- Capacity to think about requirements from a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons of different options)
- Operational (ability to translate the "what is required" into the "how it's done)
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Problem solving (ability to "find it" and "fix it")
- Project management discipline and structure
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Broad advisory skillsets (capacity to help client explore issues / opportunities)
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Ability to communicate effectively in French and/or Spanish is an asset
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply