Permanent Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
Our Accounting Operations Advisory team offers an in-depth, investigative approach to modernizing Finance functions. We help our clients across all industries assess and enhance quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance people, process, infrastructure, and internal controls. Are you a leader that is passionate about making a difference for our clients and our people? Take a look at this exciting position! What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Consultant in Accounting Operations Advisory, you will be a part of team of like-minded individuals where you will work to contribute to our client's success. You will:
About the team
- Assist in the delivery of projects to improve finance functions in one or more of the following financial management functional areas: financial close and consolidation, management and financial reporting, software selection and implementation, shared services, and/or finance transformation
- Review and contribute to the planning and execution of projects in the general finance space as well as in the area of technology advisory, as needed.
- Participate and/or lead current state findings workshops in order to understand and document key financial processes (i.e. procure to pay, financial close, reporting, etc.)
- Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice
- Develop materials for, and participate in the delivery of, presentations to clients and firm personnel
- Assist with creation of proposals and other business development activities
- Opportunities may arise to serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country and / or internationally
Our Accounting Operations Advisory team focuses on enabling CFOs and their Finance teams for success. We focus on applying our deep knowledge of financial reporting requirements, controls and processes to the operational aspects of Finance - "How" Finance does what it needs to do and where it can enhance the value it brings to the organization. Our core services include Finance Operating Model Optimization, CFO / Finance Effectiveness Workshops, Finance Healthchecks / Diagnostics, Finance Process Mapping / Redesign, and "Fix Finance" projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools). Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- CPA, CA designation or equivalent and with 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working in a finance role or in providing assurance, consulting and advisory services to finance functions
- Experience in financial management disciplines; financial process design, budgeting and planning, financial reporting, financial performance management, business case development
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas considered an asset: Process & Internal Controls redesign, Shared Services, Finance Automation & Controller Applications, Business Intelligence & analytics
- Broad advisory skills
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities (experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership)
- Strong technical skills and experience with accounting processes, internal controls, risk assessments, IFRS, ASPE, Public Sector Accounting Standards
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production