Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to conduct the search for a Senior Commercial and Contracts Manager. The role will be responsible for the commercial functions of a portfolio of major capital projects and will operate and manage at a senior executive level for the organisation.
Initially a 12 month contract term the role is likely to be required for multiple years while to project portfolio evolves.
- Direct management, mentorship and recruitment responsibility of the commercial / contracts functions of the portfolio
- Provide commercial and contractual advice to project team.
- Identify process gaps and implement improvements in operational efficiencies across the commercial group
- Identify and mitigate risks.
- Commercial reporting and analysis of financial position of the project.
- Effectively manage multiple contracting priorities in a timely manner to meet the internal and external project needs.
- Monitors subcontractor performance against work package requirements or agreed schedule milestones; identifies deficiencies and takes corrective action to ensure project deliverables are not negatively impacted.
- Ensures suppliers and service providers meet agreed quality and regulatory requirements in order to complete project on time, within budget and in compliance with set standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering related field and/or equivalent combination of education and demonstrated field experience. MBA, P.Eng, PMP, MRICS etc. is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 15 years commercial and contractual management experience on major capital projects.
- 5 years’ experience as commercial lead or senior executive with a large construction company.
- Understands the intent of contractual language and is able to represent and defend the company's position.
- Able to provide direction, leadership, and support to all commercial staff.
- Proven experience navigating complex projects with ability to overcome a wide variety of challenges
- Experience working with all aspects and departments on a project team – engineering, safety, environment, quality, cost control, change management
- Excellent leadership and people skills are essential to be successful in this role
- Excellent communication skills and is able to present at the board level.
- Past experience managing EPCM contracts / vendor relationships required.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain
Operations and Logistics