Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Hootsuite Cultural Manifesto
Guru Career Track
B Corporation Certification Who You Are...
As Hootsuite’s Senior Collections Analyst you are confident and have the required skill set and experience to efficiently settle accounts with customers all over the world on amounts owed from 1 to 180+ days for a software as service product. You have the ability to draft and implement customer centric collection strategies and clearly communicate them in written or verbal form. You confidently take a leadership role within a group and have been trusted with management-level activities in previous job experiences.
You are passionate about working in a team environment that involves interacting with customers, sales representatives, customer success managers, order management, billing, finance and legal teams. You like the challenge of developing strategies in a constantly changing environment making use of the correct resources with the goal of reaching established targets and results. You have experience with and know how to approach tough conversations while maintaining a strong focus on strategic outcomes.
You have a strong understanding of collection strategies, measurements, communication methods, account reconciliation, contract principles, order-to-cash processes, credit terms, tax principles and payment methods. On the customer side you have knowledge of the role of procurement teams, accounts payable and finance departments in regards to payment approval and processing, use of purchase orders and customer registration forms. You Have...
You’re Great At...
- A thorough understanding of billing, collections and receivable procedures
- Fluency with credit review solutions such as Dun & Bradstreet
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Demonstrating ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships (Accepted Leadership)
- Developing strong working relationships and interact in a professional manner with all levels across the organization
- Analytical and financial statement analysis skills
- Mathematical skills with high degree of accuracy; and, strong analytical skills
- Exercising sound judgment and making decisions in a manner consistent with Hootsuite’s policies, practices, mission, vision and culture
- Designing and developing reporting
- If required, supervising, training and supporting Collections Analysts and AR Specialists
- Working withe the leadership team to develop policies and procedures related to AR functions
- If required, establishing work priorities and assigning duties and workload within the assigned team
- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system
- French / Italian / Spanish speaker
- Completion of or enrollment in a credit certification program
- Experience with multicurrency in a global operation
- Experience with credit analysis, with ensuring that teams outside of finance adhere to credit policy, negotiate with sales and/or customer success on non-standard credit requests; balance customer risk with sales requirements, goals and forecasts, provide prompt and sound financial analysis and adjudication