Join Absolute's Cloud Engineering & Hosting Operations teams and be part of our new core infrastructure and cloud initiatives. Our team is building the foundation for the next generation of the company services on top of Kubernetes and AWS. This is a global, high throughput set of services that process data for hundreds of millions of devices per day. Be a part of architecting the core application stack for throughput and resilience at Absolute.
Do you have a passion for our core mission?
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Solve challenges of scalability, efficiency and security at scale in cloud environments.
- Building high availability, high resilience networks and infrastructure.
- Security best practices through continuous monitoring, architecture, networking, and automation.
What You Will Need
- Design of secure and scalable networks in both data centre and cloud environments
- Perimeter security, firewalls, load balancers
- Core network hardware in the data centres
- Core networking in the cloud environments
- Troubleshooting, maintenance and improvement of the core data centre network
- SOC 2 and FedRAMP implementation as regards network security and design
Good to have
- Strong Linux Administration skill set
- Significant experience in designing and maintaining scalable high performance networks in the cloud and dovetailing them with on-prem infrastructure to create a hybrid-cloud environment
- AWS & Azure experience
- Core networking experience:
- North/South & East/West isolation and segmentation, implementation of Security Groups, Network ACLS, and Software Defined Networking
- Multi-account cross-region AWS network stacks, including Direct Connect, Transit Gateways, VPC Peering, Subnet Sharing
- Cisco Nexus routers, Catalyst switches, F5, Dell Powerconnect, Brocade
- VMware distributed vSwitch networking
- Automation should mean everything to you; Terraform, Ansible, Bash are second nature
- A strong belief that all infrastructure should be immutable
- Willingness and ability to troubleshoot, debug and fix issues you've never seen before
- A monitoring and metrics as a first-class citizen approach to all you do
Why Work For Us:
- Experience with CICD pipelines and tooling
- Experience building and deploying containers and Kubernetes environments
- Experience with PowerDNS
- Experience with Cloudflare
- Understanding of SOC2 / FedRAMP compliance requirements
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility-both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it's all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com
or visit our YouTube channel
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.
Software and Programming Information Technology