Requisition ID: 114702
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
At Scotia Digital, we design and build digital capabilities to promote the financial wellbeing of our customers. Reinventing customer experience starts here - and it starts with you. One of the main areas of transformation is the public cloud and the various platform technologies that support both development and operations on the cloud. The aim is toprovide a streamlined process and framework which will allow the development teams to focus on building business logic. The role of the Senior Cloud Engineer operates within the Cloud Platform Engineering team. This valuable member of the team will be responsible for creating platform components and services for the broadenterprise use Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
Where could you work? Both at home and in the office.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Key accountabilities include design, development and maintenance of cloud platforms, services, and components to enable safe enterprise-wide use of public cloud offerings.
- Technical ownership/leadership of a component of a larger product.
- Designing, implementing, and refactoring code (typically Go, Python).
- Ensuring software, programs and applications are developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability, security, and compliance requirements.
- Working with other engineers and architects on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
- Working with application teams for successful onboarding onto the Platform.
- Participating in planning and retrospective sessions, attending stand-ups, etc.
- Be able to build and operate the highly available and scalable software and infrastructure.
We're working towards a future that is digital by default and creating a local Hub in Vancouver.
This hybrid role offers the opportunity both to work remotely and head to the Hub to collaborate in person, co-creating a cohesive and inclusive culture with your Vancouver team. Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?We'd love to work with you if you have:
What's in it for you?
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in computer science or engineering/mathematics discipline.
- Enthusiasm for cloud transformation and cloud platform/components/services development.
- Strong development experience, delivery history and breadth of language experience (Go, Python).
- Expertise in cloud platform features and capabilities (Google GCP, Microsoft Azure).
- Familiarity with container-based virtualization technology such as Docker.
- Expertise and understanding of Cloud Native Platforms, particularly Kubernetes, and associated technologies (e.g., Istio, Envoy, Anthos, Kustomize).
- Experience working with monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle and release process (container-native workflow for job orchestration, Git/GitOps, CI/CD, environments, code repositories).
- Understanding of different database technologies (e.g. CloudSQL, NoSQL, Relational databases).
- Knowledge of configuration management tools and Scripting Languages (e.g. Ansible, Bash, Groovy).
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success.
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Location(s): Vancouver || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Cloud, Engineer, Developer, Bank, Banking, Technology, Engineering, Finance