Senior Client Insights Partner (FT, Perm)
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Job Function: Enterprise Business Intelligence Overview:
BCLC's two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Joining the Social Purpose & Player Experience division at BCLC means you'll be working with a dedicated group of talented professionals in Communications, Community & Stakeholder Engagement, Public Affairs, Player Health, Customer Support Operations, Business Intelligence, Marketing, CRM and Loyalty and Player Experience. As a Crown Corporation that earns more than a billion dollars in annual profit, BCLC's commitment to giving funds back to the province is an integral part of our business, but still only one piece of a bigger picture. BCLC is committed to creating a welcoming workplace where everyone feels safe, included, and valued. For us, that means building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We all are winners when differences are respected, valued and celebrated.
At BCLC, we exist to generate win-wins for the greater good. We believe everything we do must benefit the well-being of all involved. Through our Social Purpose, we aspire to make sure, in all of our endeavours, transactions and relationships - in the most important sense of life, livelihood, meaning, and well-being - nobody loses, and every person we touch comes out ahead.
Social Purpose is the driving force of our business, our opportunity to create a better world through innovation, engagement, and connection. BCLC aims to provide something unique that not only fills a need, but provides value to the province. Join the team responsible for telling our story, building stakeholder relationships, connecting with communities, and achieving our strategic vision for player-centred sustainable growth. Job Summary:
The Senior Client Insights Partner provides expertise and leadership in the development, implementation, and maintenance of enterprise focused business intelligence, research, and analytic solutions to their designated client focus areas. This role leads major enterprise level initiatives including data delivery and reporting, consolidating research, and communicating insights to the enterprise. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Manages assigned business focus areas and provides client support in a partnership-like relationship in the areas of product analytics, player analytics, research, web analytics and player experience. Provides leadership and influence in consultation with business stakeholders to understand and translate their needs and provide direction to internal team members. Develops complex analysis/reporting by collaborating with stakeholder groups to recognize opportunities to grow revenue and optimize product selection and web experience decisions. Collaborates with Client Insight Partners from other areas to support overall Enterprise strategy.
- Facilitates regular meetings with clients from each assigned business area to gain a deep understanding of clients' existing business needs (including research), document high level business requirements; and proactively anticipate future needs. Maintains positive relationship with clients. Recommends new analytics products and improvements to existing ones. Closely collaborates and coaches designated Analytics Delivery team members to provide recommendations on insight status update and delivery.
- Champions a player focused approach to creating insights and supporting enterprise projects. Works closely with the Player Experience (PX) team to develop PX insights while integrating business processes into the PX roadmap.
- Supports in a subject matter expert (SME) role detailed requirements, design and development of product, player, web, and enterprise reporting, including dashboards, scorecards and management reports. Identifies and recommends KPIs while ensuring integrity and accuracy of data. Compliments business client's knowledge during the detailed requirements gathering and UAT.
- Develops insights from data analysis and advises other team members' on how to translate insights into stories. Presents insights to business clients in verbal or written form. Supports business clients in their use of insights as they are being presented to other BCLC internal or external stakeholders.
- Closely collaborates with designated Analytics Delivery team members on analyzing industry benchmarks and working with business clients on setting targets; with Research team member on client's research needs and to serve as key liaison for Research and Analytics as it relates to key strategic initiatives; and with other Practice and Team Leads to ensure teams providing proper operational support.
- Acts as day-to-day liaison for specific enterprise initiatives as well as specific operational business areas. Provides subject matter expertise in market, industry and economic indicators, assessing their potential impact. Develops analysis to provide insights supporting strategic initiatives and to help shape business plans.
- Proactively provides solutions to business performance issues through innovative and analytical thinking. Provides input in the development of strategies and plans for client support and provides leadership in issue resolution with clients.
- Supports establishing and maintaining best client management practices within the team (where best practices may include industry, general business or BCLC business acumen).
- A Bachelor's degree in a business discipline such as Business Analytics, Information Technology, Marketing, Business Analysis or Statistics;
- Masters' degree in related discipline is preferred;
- 4-6 years of related experience in leading the development of business intelligence solutions within a cross functional team;
- Experience with the following: developing end-to-end analysis with limited guidance; data intelligence best practices; including disparate data source integration techniques, segmentation, core KPI development, promotion/campaign ROI analysis and post analysis; data analysis and designing reporting solutions including (but not limited to) dashboards, portals, and report objects; and web analytics;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Have a solid business acumen that includes literacy in areas of finance, research, marketing, strategic and operational capabilities. Have a solid knowledge of BCLC business portfolio as well as knowledge of stakeholders within BCLC;
- Understanding of business analysis, business systems analysis, business intelligence reporting, data warehouse concepts, web/digital and advanced analytics;
- Understanding of data mining and database query tools; familiarity with contact history management/strategies, customer lifecycle and privacy requirements;
- Understanding of statistical analytics including the use of statistical software, the gathering of data and analysis to support predictive model generation;
- Clear communication skills to explain complex information in an effective manner. Demonstrates strong presentation and data visualization skills; ability to convey complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to act on own initiative, exercise sound judgment and prioritize tasks with the experience and confidence to know when to ask for support;
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective November 22, 2021, BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.