Job Description Summary
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for overseeing Purchasing activities pertaining to the purchase of materials for research, testing and the production of STEMCELL products. Senior Buyers will provide leadership, procurement expertise and use their excellent communication skills to negotiate discounts and maintain positive relationships with Suppliers.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as an ambassador of Procurement at STEMCELL; represent Procurement in cross-functional meetings and projects; act as an advisor and subject matter expert for Procurement activities and ensure cross-functional stakeholder engagement in Procurement activities by facilitating a culture of collaboration and responsiveness.
- Makes recommendations for improvements on existing processes, identifies innovative solutions and leads improvement initiatives.
- Support optimization of purchasing processes through testing, documenting and implementation of ERP system improvements.
- Monitor KPI's and oversee order management activities to ensure on time delivery.
- Provide procurement expertise and training to team members as required.
- Manage all aspects of purchases from requisition to delivery, for both direct and Indirect materials; issuing Purchase Orders, setting delivery schedules, monitoring status of outstanding POs and deliveries, expediting when necessary, assisting with issues related to invoicing and/or delivery issues and follow-up on returns or refunds for non-conforming materials.
- Maintain data integrity in ERP system.
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships, acting as an interface between suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Monitor and advise on any areas of supply risk (demand, supply, environmental and business continuity) and work with internal stakeholders to implement risk management strategies.
- Obtain price quotes and validate pricing with suppliers. Contribute to team cost savings goals and document cost savings when appropriate.
- 6-10 years' experience in Procurement, preferably in Biotech or Life Science Industry.
- Work experience should demonstrate a progression of responsibilities and knowledge.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Science.
- Experience with ERP systems such as SAP is an asset.
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills is required.
- Strong analytical skills and comfort with identifying data needs and sources; extensive experience with Microsoft Excel is an asset.
- Self-reliant, a good problem solver, continuous improvement mindset and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
This role requires vaccination against COVID-19 as per the current recommendations by local health authorities, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and where available.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Operations and Logistics