As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
You are a leader in your field, have extensive experience in developing and maintaining interactive dashboards and reports providing strategic, operational and performance monitoring in order to help stakeholders make decisions that create impact in patient care.
The Cardiac Services team is seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst who is experienced with Power BI to lead the development and maintenance of interactive dashboards and reports to support CSBC strategic, operational and performance monitoring. This person will also mentor team members and work closely with the technical team to identify requirements for ETLs. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, keep on reading.
This position leads the development and maintenance of interactive dashboards and reports and analyses from the Cardiac Services Team Cardiovascular Information System (CVI.Source) and relevant provincial databases to support CSBC strategic, operational and performance monitoring. The Senior Business Analyst mentors team members by providing technical expertise. The position utilizes a comprehensive understanding of CSBC workflows and programs and to support leaders in the development of reporting tools related to CSBC business/operational planning, data interpretation, data integrity and quality of the available data. In addition, the Senior Business Analyst applies a broad systems understanding of PHSA and MOH reporting requirements and strategic priorities to facilitate the integration and alignment of CSBC reporting into the broader health care system in the province. What you'll do
What you bring
- Leads and supports cardiac services strategic planning, operational planning and performance monitoring through the development of interactive dashboards and reports using various BI tools (e.g. Power BI), direct data extraction and analysis.
- Supports CSBC executives and senior leaders with cardiac services planning, as well as, ongoing operational reporting requirements through the analytics of data with a deep understanding of performance metrics and benchmarking;
- Leads the analysis, design, and documentation of BI dashboards and reports. Contribute towards requirement identification and documentation for ETLs, BI dashboards and reports, and interfaces to support operations and evaluation functions of CSBC, and collaborate with CSBC technical team, PHSA Data, Analytics, Reporting and Evaluation (DARE) and other project team members as needed.
- Leads and mentors team members by providing technical expertise and demonstrating teamwork and collaboration.
- Develop high-quality presentations with a strong understanding of developing meaningful communication materials "right communication, right content and right audience".
What we bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Master's in Business, Analytics, Health Information Science, Computer Science or related discipline plus 5 years of experience in health information management with recent experience in health services planning, data warehousing, data analytics and use of BI tools.
- Extensive experience in Power BI, building automated reports, programming in SQL and performing business analytics
- Demonstrated ability to use database, spreadsheets, word-processing, PowerPoint and other software at advanced level.
- Relatable experience includes working as: Senior Data Analytics Specialist, Business Intelligence Developer
- Superior degree of critical-thinking and analytical skills with the ability to integrate broad system thinking/perspective with data to develop quality reports, operational plans and monitor on-going performances.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to express complex ideas in simple terminology appropriate for the audience.
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, while working independently to organize workload, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
1333 West Broadway, Vancouver BC V6H 1G9
$77,822.00 - 111,869.00 /year. The starting salary for this position would be determined with consideration of the successful candidate's relevant education and experience, and would be in alignment with the provincial compensation reference plan. Salary will be prorated accordingly for part time roles. Hours of Work:
133960EWhat we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.