Reporting to the Manager, Business Systems, the Senior Business Analyst is responsible for conducting business analysis, assessing business requirements, recommending solutions, and providing application support and integration services for the CRD’s business systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as a project manager in the development, re-engineering and implementation of new and approved applications; collaborate with cross-functional teams to translate business needs into system requirements.
- Acts as a liaison between departments and vendors; review system specifications, hardware requirements and system interfaces; evaluate business requests and identify technology solutions to recommend while leveraging existing business applications and systems.
- Identify, develop, and support cross-functional business system integration to enable a cohesive ecosystem of information systems.
- Provide ongoing application support and maintenance for business-critical applications, conduct deep-dive investigations into incidents and problems to discover the root cause and suggest opportunities to improve; assign or revoke user security and system privileges as required; establish and test data backup and recovery procedures.
- Ensures applications align with and adhere to corporate enterprise architecture design principles.
- Perform business, system, and data analysis to create requirements, system design proposals, cost analysis, system models, specifications, diagrams, charts, and support documentation.
- Supervises staff engaged in application development, technical support and maintenance.
- Develops web based software (.NET)
- Follows all policy, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- The successful candidate has completed a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or business, with at least 8 years of related experience in an integrated and complex IT environment; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A PBA or PMP certification is required, as is supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of business and system analysis methodologies;
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of hybrid project management and software development (SDLC) methodologies;
- Experience developing, implementing, or maintaining REST or SOAP API’s, and designing and maintaining relational databases with SQL Server.
- Experience with applications such as Microsoft Power Platform, Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of business systems such as Microsoft SharePoint Document & Records Management and cloud technologies (SaaS).
- Extensive web based software development (.NET) experience is required.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and respond to request in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with stakeholders, technical teams, senior management and other co-workers.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with internal stakeholders and partners to understand and document business requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- A valid BC Drivers License is required.