We are looking for someone to be a part of our extraordinary Strategy & Analytics team, who would work cross-functionally with the rest of the organization to help identify, understand, and correct business and product challenges facing Plenty of Fish. The Senior Business Analyst will deliver high-quality strategic and tactical analysis; will collaborate with the product, engineering, data science, business intelligence, customer service, and marketing teams.
You have strong quantitative training, deep knowledge of what makes a business successful, a passion for telling stories with insights gleaned from data, and the ability to communicate results clearly to non-technical colleagues.
If you have a detail-oriented, creative mind and love complex challenges, we want to hear from you. So, what will you do?
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- Quantitatively analyze user behavior to help determine product strategy and drive business decisions, including driving learning from split tests
- Provide management with deep-dive quantitative analyses and present them in an immediately usable format, extracting key insights from massive, complex data sets
- Collaborate with data science, product management, and data engineering teams to share and develop knowledge
- Identify opportunities to automate repetitive analyses
- 4+ years of progressive professional experience using quantitative analysis to make business-focused recommendations
- Strong understanding of incrementality and sizing business problems and opportunities
- Strong communication skills at different levels of organizational hierarchy
- Experience with ambiguous and complex analytical assignments
- Experience with raw clickstream data (event data) and datasets of 100 million+ records
- Understanding of basic statistical concepts such as confidence, normal distribution, correlation, linear regression, and linear programming
- Proficiency with SQL or other query languages
- Experience with data visualization and analytical tools (E.g. PowerBI, Tableau, Looker)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel (no VBA required)
- A vertical skillset that encompasses problem identification, analysis, solution definition, results, and communication
What this role is not:
- Experience with Python, R, or other programming languages
- Experience with financial analysis and statistical analysis
- Experience with a fast-paced gaming company
- Experience in an internal or external management consulting/advisory role
- Have held a similar position at an online dating, social networking, or subscription-based business
- You're a user of Plenty of Fish or other online dating service
- Focused on requirements gathering
- Data science (although we do love it!) - e.g. matchmaking algorithms and enhancing backend engine
- Data Engineer or Business Intelligence Engineer
At Plenty of Fish, our vision is to create the most dates for our 150M+ users around the world.
We’re one of the leading brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge, Match.com, NASDAQ: MTCH), and we still remain a small close-knit team based in downtown Vancouver.
If you’re keen on solving complex problems at scale, you want to work in collaborative cross-functional squads, and you value autonomy and accountability, we should talk.