Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
As a member of the Business Shared Services team, the Senior Business Analyst will be involved in both the lumber and pulp groups and be a business partner to the Sales, Supply Chain, and Transportation Departments. Business Analysts support these departments in data extraction, reports, analysis, forecasting, contract management, system enhancement and troubleshooting.
This role will be a catalyst for change in the organization by providing insight-driven information to the business, helping Canfor to make informed decisions.
This role will work closely with the IT Department to ensure system stability, accuracy, and optimization while continually supporting the enhancement of the ERP system to align it with business needs.Major Duties:
- Margin / Working Capital Improvement
- Collaborating with the business to identify, solution, measure and improve on key metrics that will enhance overall profitability.
- Identifying trends and opportunities, and take a leadership role in cross-functional teams established to enhance business metrics
- Providing Operational Support
- Ad-hoc analysis to support sales, planning and route optimization
- Support for data-based negotiations
- Exception reporting for actionable areas
- Support for planning initiatives
- Monthly reporting of margin initiatives
- Key areas include transportation and distribution; customer/grade/country mix; supply chain opportunities
- KPI Reporting
- Working with the business to manage critical components of the business (on-time shipments and late order file, inventory turns, pricing and spreads, etc.)
- Communication including visual modeling in order to embed knowledge of the metrics in the business
- Coordination with Business Intelligence team for automation of KPI’s
- Forecasting & Management Reporting
- Modelling and coordination of quarterly forecasting process for Sales, Supply Chain and Transport
- Correlation analysis to help drive improved forecasting methods
- Updates and participation in Management Meetings
- ERP System Enhancement and Defect Mitigation
- Working with IT Business Analysts, Sales and Transport teams to push forward ongoing defect mitigation, system enhancements, Oracle SR resolution, etc
- Participation in design decisions arising from the system implementation
- Overall Shared Services
- Supporting the Director – Business Analytics in achieving integration/process standardization/continuous improvement initiatives
- A university degree in a related field with an emphasis on ability to work with and manage data and data relationships
- Exceptional time management, organization, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent facilitation and relationship building skills for working in a large organization with cross-departmental functions
- Ability to turn data into persuasive insights with strong use of visual modeling
- Strong business case analysis with demonstrated expertise in financial modeling and advanced proficiencies in Excel
- Demonstrated aptitude with Business Intelligence tools and other computer systems and software preferably in an ERP environment
- Several years related experience in reporting / analysis
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today!
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees. Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!