UBC has embarked on a multi-year journey to transform its academic and administrative support processes and system environments for the entire UBC community. In November 2020, UBC successfully went live with its new HR and Finance implementation of Workday. The Integrated Renewal Program (IRP) is now focused on the journey to renew the Student information ecosystem, anchored by the implementation of Workday Student.
The Integrated Renewal Program—Student (IRP Student) vision is to transform the way UBC supports learning and research, and how UBC works, to create a cohesive, integrated, and enriched experience for students, staff, and faculty. This implementation will result in superior support for UBC students, a better user experience, a new set of tools, a new way of working, and improved reporting for informed decision-making. IRP Student will leverage the industry-leading cloud enterprise solution Workday to replace our current core Student administration systems with a new integrated, user friendly, mobile-enabled platform.
For more information on the IRP, please visit www.integrated-renewal.ubc.ca
The Senior Business Analyst analyzes business needs and develops overall strategies for how automated systems can be used to support the short and long term direction of the business. The Senior Business Analyst will provide expertise and leadership in the areas of requirements definition, business process definition, business process analysis and design, functional design, configuration, implementation, testing, training, facilitation and documentation to deliver enterprise solutions to the UBC community. The Senior Business Analyst may manage the entire lifecycle of sub-projects which include developing a project plan, coordinating the activities of a project team, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project. The Senior Business Analyst will also manage staff directly including performance appraisals and mentorship of junior team members.
TOP SKILLS OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
· Strong background (8yrs +) in business analysis skills of requirements gathering, process design, running workshops and working with stakeholders
· Leadership experience with leading teams, projects, mentoring or managing staff
· Ability to take initiative and ownership in a fast-paced project
The Senior Business Analyst reports directly to the Senior Manager, Student Solution within the Integrated Renewal Program, while working closely with management and staff in other IRP workstreams, and other administrative and academic units.
- Provides work direction and leadership to assigned project team, including scheduling, assignment of work, review of project efforts and removal of roadblocks which may inhibit project success
- Acquires and maintains a working knowledge of the university's technical and business environment
- Understands and applies business architecture concepts to analysis to ensure strategic alignment with organizational goals, outcomes and business value.
- Provides direction and best practices for functional team business analysts supporting the technical teams for data conversion, reporting and integrations
- Provides direction and best practices for workflow and gap analysis for enterprise business processes, analysis and identification of requirements for data, reporting and integrations
- Supports the project following appropriate project management methodology including gathering and defining project requirements, developing project plans, schedules, identifying staffing requirements, and forming project teams
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with project sponsors, vendors, key stakeholders other project teams, including technical teams for data conversion, reporting, security and integrations
- Works with multiple vendors to foster effective working relationships in order to ensure alignment with project goals and deadlines
TEAMWORK AND CROSS-FUNCTIONAL WORK
Will manage staff directly and indirectly. Plans, directs and supervises work of project teams members, such as other business analysts, consultants, quality assurance analysts, and other staff assigned to the project.
Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline. Professional development in business analysis and related disciplines. Formal certification from a recognized professional organization or professional development provider is an asset. A minimum of 8 years of experience and 2 years of managerial experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience on large project teams implementing transformational change. Demonstrated ongoing career development through active and self-motivated professional development in the field of business analysis. Formal certification from a recognized professional organization or professional development provider is an asset.
- Effective leadership, consulting, consensus building, conflict resolution, and negotiation and team-building skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities,
- work in a fast-paced environment, and manage responsibilities and tasks to meet critical and sometimes changing deadlines.
- Working knowledge of project management, quality assurance, change management disciplines and best practices; and development methodologies.
- Ability to conduct needs analyses, plan, organize, manage, monitor, complete, and evaluate projects within allocated time and resources.
- Good knowledge of application implementation methodologies and best practices.
- Ability to effectively facilitate groups to achieve appropriate outcome.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations and workshops.
- Ability to identify, obtain and effectively manage organizational resources (e.g., people, materials, assets, budgets).
- Ability to build relationships, consult with stakeholders
- Experience on an enterprise-wide implementation is an asset.
- Experience in a higher education environment is an asset.
- Staff management experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven experience in producing BRDs, use cases, user scenarios, user stories, BPMs working experience on enterprise-wide projects.
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering improvement.
- Knowledge of data analysis and data modeling (conceptual, logical).
- Solid understanding of key trends and players in the IT industry and higher-education sector.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrates the willingness, ability, and enthusiasm to learn new processes, methodologies, or technologies.
- Proven knowledge and continuous learning of business analysis discipline and best practices.
- Demonstrated contributions to the continuous improvement of business analysis practices, methodology, and implementation.
APPLY TODAY AND WORK FOR UBC!
UBC is proud to rank 37th globally in the 2022 THE World University Rankings (https://bit.ly/3ywT7dY). Recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers, UBC offers faculty and staff a family-friendly work environment as well as a comprehensive benefits plan. During the pandemics, UBC continues to invest in the community in promoting the well-being and mental health of faculty, staff and student.
If you are interested in the Senior Business Analyst role, please visit our UBC Staff Career portal to see the full job posting and to apply directly no later than September 30, 2021.
Thank you in advance for your interest and application!
#47 - Cymax Group - Growing a Diverse Workforce
About IRP- Student, UBC
UBC has embarked on a multi-year journey to transform its academic and administrative support processes and system environments for the entire UBC community. In November 2020, UBC successfully went...Read More