We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank. About the role
We are investing heavily in order to become the leader in digital banking space, and we are launching multiple initiatives to do so. You will have a unique chance to help one of the fastest-growing business units become a leader. You will help scale, enable, and drive online & mobile development excellence as our team continues to deliver innovative solutions to Scotia customers. In this role, you will:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Be the bridge between multiple parties including: our business, control functions, technology partners and our engineering teams, responsible for delivering exciting products in the Digital Banking Unit
- Help scale, enable, and drive online & mobile development excellence as our team continues to deliver innovative solutions to Scotia customers
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst in a challenging IT system solution agile or lean environment
- Having an Engineering or Computer Science degree, and pride yourself on analysis, logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Notice all the little details for every document / requirement / conversation that comes across you, and it drives you crazy that others cannot keep everything consistent
- Do good work, and lots of if; the drive to deliver quality work is just a part of you
- Able to simplify complex situations and navigate ambiguity
What's in it for you?
- Excellent understanding and experience with microapps and Microservices architecture
- Understanding ofJAVA/J2EE, PL/SQL, WebServices- RESTFUL / SOAP (XML & JSON)- OpenAPI and OAuth2.0
- Good Understanding of withJIRA, Confluence, JAMA, SVN Revision Control, Eclipse, TOAD, PL/SQL Developer,MS Office suite, MS Project, Postman, MySQL Workbench
- Familiarityof batch integration patterns, secure file transfer protocols, data security standards.
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days. Job Segment:
Business Analyst, Bank, Banking, Computer Science, Investment Banking, Finance, Technology
Administrative Banking, Finance and Insurance