The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for leading business process reengineering beginning with the end user and desired business outcomes in mind. The Senior BA will lead user engagement activities, requirements workshops and assessments to support selection, design, configuration and implementation of Seaspan's technology solutions. A leader in presence and technical aptitude, the Senior BA has a strong bias for analytical thinking, service excellence, collaboration and implementing systems that ensure strong user adoption and achieve business goals. This role does not have any direct reports but may be required to direct and coordinate the work of external contractors and vendors. Duties/Accountabilities
Strategy and Planning:
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to understand and define desired business outcomes.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to prioritize business requirements and set expectations.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on proposed business solutions based on user needs, product research and business financial analyses (cost/benefit analysis, return on investment analysis, etc.).
- Conduct benchmarking of current processes and technologies to quantify improvements post implementation.
- Lead planning, design, development, deployment and enhancement of existing and new applications.
- Facilitate cross functional user engagement workshops to gather functional and technical requirements.
- Develop artifacts such as Business Requirements Document, Functional Requirements, Technical Requirements, Process Flow Diagrams, Gap Analysis, Use Cases.
- Lead configuration and deployment of new application systems and/or enhancements to existing application systems throughout the organization.
- Design and manage the user acceptance testing process for new application deployments.
Education and Experience
- Ensure seamless transition to operations for modified and new application systems.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Develop and communicate training and documentation for end users, hold clinics as necessary, and other user-related activities.
- Conduct post implementation reviews to validate if expected business outcomes were met.
- Create system documentation as needed.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Engineering
- A minimum of 6-8 years' related work experience in implementing technology solutions with a thorough understanding of system development life-cycle and project management methodologies.
- Prior work as an IT Project Manager in an Engineering, Custom Manufacturing, Marine or Ship Building environment will be a big advantage, but is not a must.
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders and drive project progress.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral), including presentation skills and report writing.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- With a passion for service excellence and business enablement, proven ability to deliver on work products that provide measureable business benefit.
- A detailed understanding of how the business works, and continually develops business acumen through learning and training.
- Expert knowledge of troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted
Construction, Mining and Trades