As a senior business advisor, you'll work under the direction of a Business Engagement Services manager to provide confidential advice and guidance to senior management on operations, strategic initiatives, business process improvement projects, outcomes and implementation plans for business or technical change initiatives.
Through research, business knowledge, project management, change management, and business process improvement expertise, you'll guide senior management in decision making, problem solving, and direction. In this role, you'll also determine business and technical improvement opportunities that will increase operational effectiveness and deliver value to the business. Where you'll work
At WorkSafeBC, we offer a hybrid work model
that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position.
In this role, you'll work primarily from your home in the Lower Mainland and occasionally our Richmond office. What you'll do As a senior business advisor you will:
Is this a good fit for you? We're looking for someone who can:
- Create and evaluate alternatives, engage in continuous assessment and improvement to develop solutions, and guide appropriate decisions regarding processes, while exercising financial prudence, confidentiality and discretion
- Lead Portfolio strategic planning with divisional and departmental business units
- Plan, schedule work, facilitate, and develop realistic action plans and while having to be sensitive to other priorities, time constraints, resource availability and confidentiality
- Develop change management plans and lead change activities to implement business solutions
- Understand organizational issues, plan, research, and present solutions to senior management
- Read and comprehend financial policy and technical documents, analyze facts and make impartial, systematic, well-reasoned recommendations
- Anticipate and plan for future requirements of the organization and stakeholders as well as evaluate new technologies which may assist in meeting those future requirements
- Assist Portfolio Managers in the development of business cases
Your background and experience:
- Provide advice and expertise to management on business process improvement initiatives, research and participate in the implementation of business process changes, new or changed business models and their impacts
- Complete program reviews of current business operations and provide thorough and objective analysis using all available data to determine optimal efficiency from different perspectives ensuring process efficiency
- Conduct client and stakeholder impact assessments, training needs analysis and client working group planning, documentation and scheduling
- Identify & mitigate risks & issues to the organization and stakeholders; provide advice to management on issues related to business continuity planning
- Develop and deliver presentations to senior management and stakeholders on critical issues, priorities, and initiatives
- Support management in the development of presentations to Executive Steering Committees (ESC's)
- Support management in the development of business cases for Business Systems Projects
Important to know
- A master's degree in business administration or equivalent
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) designation, or a Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) designation is an asset
- A minimum of six years of related experience, such as management consulting, business process management, business analysis, innovation, design thinking, strategic planning, change management or project management
- General knowledge of a unionized environment and the administration of a collective agreement
- Experience in a management consulting role is considered an asset
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Consent to a criminal record check
- Confirm you're legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect. Who we are
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured w orkers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We're honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. Learn more:
Discover who we are . Our benefits
As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work - and life. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes:
- Defined benefit pension plan that provides you with a lifetime monthly pension when you retire
- 4 weeks of vacation in your first year, with regular increases based on years of service
- Benefits package that includes customizable options for health care and dental benefits, additional days off, and a health care spending account
- Optional leave arrangements
- Development opportunities (tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and more)
Find out what we offer .
Salary: $112,802 - $137,054/annually Want to apply?
- Applications are welcomed immediately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
- Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the closing date.
- We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.