Whistler Blackcomb's Mission Statement is "Experience of a Lifetime"
Love what you do! Because that's what we're all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don't miss the chance to work and play in BC's winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you've got. #wbworklove Position Summary:
The Senior Bike Mechanic is responsible for ensuring the proper servicing and maintenance standards for our bike fleet is performed in an efficient and safe manner. This role will be based out of Can-Ski Performance, based in Marketplace and working on both retail and rental bikes. Starting asap this role is Summer Seasonal through to mid-October 2019. Why you'll love working in Retail/Rental:
- Employee pass
- Employee deals and discounts on the latest gear
- Great working environment
- Relaxed fun team culture
- To continually strive to exceed our Guest's expectations and to create memories for guests and staff as the best mountain experience again and again.
- Maintain all bikes to the designated performance and safety standards.
- Use inventory systems to organize and track repairs and regular servicing.
- Reports all inventory issues to Manager, assists in ordering and maintaining stock levels.
- Create and maintain relationships with suppliers. .
- Train and coach mechanics on repair and service issues.
- Ensure a safe work environment.
- Ensure that all tools, equipment and workspace are kept in a clean and organized fashion.
- Make sure that all bikes that leave the shop are safe and road/trail worthy.
- We are a company that works together and throughout the season you may be required to assist other departments as needed.
- Connect - ability to build authentic relationships
- Drive - a desire to be the best
- Out Front - excellent organizational skills.
- Lead the core values - Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe, and Have Fun
- Passion - embrace our product, culture and mission
- Reimagine - innovate and lead change
- Minimum 3 years in a customer service role.
- Technical skills including knowledge and experience in:
- Rebuilding a wheel
- Fork servicing and suspension
- Brake systems
- Required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check.
We're looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! ( www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb ).
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 168046