We are currently seeking a Senior Back-end Developer to join our Product team. We want someone who wants to make an impact on their peers, the product, and our customers. You would have a major impact on our back-end architecture as we are taking our large monolithic Rails app and modularizing it. You'd be working on a product used by tens of thousands of lawyers and ensuring they get organized and focused on their practice.
We are a software company that's transforming the practice of law, for good. We provide a world-leading, cloud-based practice management solution for legal professionals that makes their lives simpler and helps them build a better practice. As a Deloitte Technology Fast 50 winner
for three years running, and with a team of over 200 global Clions, Clio is one of Canada's fastest growing technology companies.
We are proud to be one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
, named Employer of the Year by Techvibes
and recognized as one of Canada's Top Small to Medium Employers
. We are a tight-knit group of bright, driven, and genuine individuals who work hard and play to win. Join us. Who you are:
What you will do:
- 5+ years of experience with server-side development;
- Experience and interest in web application security;
- Experience and interest in performance, load, and scalability issues;
- You are curious and are always striving to improve yourself;
- You have a desire to learn;
- You are a rational and critical thinker;
- You seek solutions when you find problems;
- You lead through your example;
- You are a humble team player.
Nice to Have:
- Design, build, deploy, and support a large-scale application on the server side;
- Write clean, scalable code in Ruby on Rails and SQL;
- Mentor fellow Clions;
- Play a leadership role by living our values openly;
- Participate in code reviews and pair programming.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails;
- Experience scaling from thousands of users to hundreds of thousands of users.
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but we know you're looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent
in Canada and beyond:
Diversity and Inclusion
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives . This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you'll ever work with
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.
You must be eligible to work in Canada.