The Renewables Consulting Group (RCG), an ERM Group Company
, is in search of a Senior Associate - Renewables
to join our specialized expert services firm, focused solely on the global renewable energy industry. In this role you will work with the world's leading public and private sector organizations on a wide range of strategic and tactical project engagements.
The Senior Associate - Renewables will support and lead the delivery of independent and owner's engineer due diligence and technical advisory projects through their feasibility, pre-construction, construction and/or operational phases with a specific focus on solar photovoltaic (PV), as well as wind and battery energy storage system (BESS) projects. General
Key responsibilities for this role include the following:
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Support and lead project teams delivering on complex client engagements and ensure high quality work products and the effective use of resources.
- Prepare, structure, author and deliver reports, presentations, and other documents for client deliverables and for other stakeholders.
- Lead and support solar, wind and BESS technical due diligence assessments for investors and lenders.
- Review commercial and utility-scale solar, wind and BESS projects as part of project acquisitions at different stages including feasibility, development, construction, operation, refinancing and sale.
- Undertake programs of construction monitoring or acceptance test witnessing.
- Lead and support owner's engineer assignments for developers and independent power producers.
- Research and shortlist new PV equipment and BESS technologies that will increase value to our clients.
- Use modeling software to create bankable energy yield production estimates.
- Use and/or create software tools to optimize solar, wind and BESS designs for energy yield and project value with respect to levelized cost of energy.
- Create site-specific solar building blocks and layouts for proposals and to drive detailed engineering activities.
- Use internal tools and industry standards to optimize project designs for constraints such as scope, schedule, budget and geography.
- Support troubleshooting and resolution of project engineering, construction and performance issues.
- Provide performance guarantee validation and ongoing support.
- Support business development activities to secure new engagements, develop client relationships, and seek related opportunities.
- Develop processes to streamline technical inputs to bid operations.
- Support team members as required through project work, especially junior staff.
- Provide leadership by modelling high standards of performance and professionalism.
- Develop and maintain a high level of personal credibility.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation and facilitation skills with the ability to motivate, persuade and build consensus.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM, renewables-related, finance, or business discipline. Master's degree an asset.
- 4+ years of experience working in the clean energy, development, construction, regulatory or finance space.
- Experience in Canadian, USA, American, European, and/or Asian markets.
- Experience in ground mount, rooftop and floating projects at all scales from residential to utility.
- Proficiency with solar-specific modelling, optimization, design software such as PVsyst, SunDAT; general drafting or information services software AutoCAD, Civil3D, GIS.
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant engineering standards, best practices, and safety regulations.
- Relevant professional or industry certifications.
- Public thought leadership or research publications.
- Valid driving license.
- Willingness for occasional worldwide travel.
- Provision of a Cover Letter is highly preferred.
Who We Are:
- Frequent communication with co-workers and clients.
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- High level of attention to detail, personal responsibility, and accountability.
- Flexible and responsive in managing multiple projects simultaneously, sometimes in high-pressure situations.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently and as part of a wider international team.
- Travel by airplane, train, or car as necessary to perform duties at various locations, including office environments and sites under construction or operation.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERMwelcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!