Permanent Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Vancouver Our Purpose
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
• Deloitte's Infrastructure & Capital Projects ("I&CP") practice continues to grow and requires talented, experienced professionals;
• We thrive on the challenge to be our best, to keep growing, and working together to deliver; trusted advice to help our clients and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual;
• Opportunity to do challenging work across infrastructure projects in a variety of sectors; and
• Opportunity to work alongside world class experts in the infrastructure space in an environment that supports personal development; and support in pursuing an accounting or finance designation (e.g., CPA, CFA, CBV, etc.).
A career in I&CP (part of Financial Advisory) will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their field. It will enable you to work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagements by developing solutions to the infrastructure challenges facing Canadian and foreign governments and investors.What will your typical day look like?
• Having advised on many of the world's largest and most complex infrastructure projects and transactions, we provide clients with the best advice on the challenges facing them today, as well as the vision to consider those yet to surface.
• Optimizing the return and outcomes throughout the lifecycle of an asset takes a highly skilled and experienced team of specialists. Our I&CP team offers an end-to-end service for investors, government agencies, developers, and operators of infrastructure assets and businesses in both the public and private sectors across the entire infrastructure lifecycle.
• Our team works with strategic and financial investors on infrastructure transactions, with all levels of the Canadian public sector on infrastructure delivery including business case development and infrastructure procurement, and with International Development Organizations (i.e. World Bank Group) and international governments on infrastructure delivery and capacity building.
• Our work spans various asset classes including but not limited to Social Infrastructure (Education, Healthcare, Government Facilities, etc.), Transportation (Roads, Airports, Rail, etc.), Environmental (Water, Wastewater, Solid Waste, etc.), Power and Utilities, Energy, Midstream Infrastructure, Telecom Infrastructure and Real Estate.About the team
Our I&CP group advises Canadian and international government and private sector clients on (i) identifying and developing sources of value and funding that can be used to acquire and sustain an infrastructure asset or service (ii) analyzing procurement options, including public-private partnerships (P3s), project finance, and conventional public procurement
(iii) analyzing potential M&A opportunities (either on the buy side or sell side) (iv) performing sophisticated financial and economic modeling (v) advise clients on corporate and business strategyEnough about us, let's talk about you
You are a someone with:
• Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials (examples of our current team members' university degrees include commerce, engineering, architecture, finance, mathematics, accounting and business administration);
• 2-5 (Senior Associate) and 5+ (Manager) years of business experience in Infrastructure, Finance, Consulting or Commerce;
• Excellent visual, written and oral communication skills particularly articulating messages using Microsoft tools (e.g., PowerPoint, Word, etc.) - fluency in Spanish and/or French is considered an asset;
• Excellent Excel modelling skills; and
• Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests in addition to strong organizational and time management skills.
Previous experience in the following areas would be an asset:
• Experience in the roads, transportation, energy infrastructure or/and real estate consulting;
• Experience with public private partnership (P3) or other innovate procurement models for the delivery of public infrastructure;
• Experience in prior investing banking roles / transaction advisory services roles;
• Experience conducting jurisdictional scans, stakeholder consultations and market soundings, and developing strategic plans for the public or private sectors;
• Relevant valuations, financing, consulting and financial modelling experience;
• Excel VBA programming skills.Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production