is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VANCOUVER
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector, made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. With Golder now part of our WSP team, we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more. The Opportunity:
WSP Golder has a new opportunity for a Senior Archaeologist
to join our Heritage team in a Full-Time position in our Vancouver Office
Our flexible hybrid working model allows for employment in locations across the province. The successful candidate will gain valuable and diverse work experience as part of our regional team. You will also have the chance to work on multidisciplinary projects that provide opportunities for personal and professional growth Why WSP Golder?
•We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
•Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP Golder is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
•A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAre WSP A day in the life:
• You will prepare or contribute to proposals;
• You will secure heritage inspection, investigation, and alteration permits;
• You will design and lead archaeological field programs;
• You will engage with Indigenous Communities and Peoples;
• You will manage project scope, schedule, and cost;
• You will participate in business development activities, including meetings with clients;
• You will participate in Indigenous community relationship-building;
• You will undertake analysis and preparing technical reports;
• You will supervise junior and intermediate staff and Indigenous workers where appropriate;
• You will participate in our Health & Safety program and demonstrate a "Safety First" focus;
• You will comply with our Fit for Duty Policy. What you'll bring to WSP Golder ...
• A graduate degree in Archaeology or Anthropology or an undergraduate degree with equivalent experience;
• Registered Professional Consulting Archaeologist in good standing;
• Field Director and Permit Holder status in the BC Coastal Culture Area;
• Experience identifying, recording, and evaluating the full range of archaeological site types expected in the BC Coastal culture area;
• Experience working with Groups and Peoples. Preference will be given to candidates with positive relationships with Indigenous Communities in the Lower Mainland;
• An ability and willingness lead field programs when necessary;
• Proven oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills;
• An ability to contribute to a positive teamwork environment as well as to work independently;
• Solid MS Office skills;
• Valid driver's licence (Class 5). Your benefits will include:
• Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
• Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
• Career development planning and mentoring programs tailored to help you reach your goals
• Inclusive, diverse, and accessible workplace
• Employer matched pension plan and share purchase plans
• Paid vacation days and paid wellness days
• Ability to purchase additional vacation days
• Extended medical, dental and group plan benefits that can be customized to your needs
• Hybrid work arrangement with the ability to work from home and from the office
• Opportunities to work on national and international projects
• Technical and Project Management training opportunities
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Senior (> 10 years)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada/